Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2020 3:46:45 PM EDT
I have heard a lot about the quality and durability of the BCM made AR-15 and would love to get one. However it seems the company won't do business in NY, so basically there is no way around this? I live in the capital region of NYS, so thankfully not in NYC..
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well unless you're a cop they're illegal, so there's that.
View Quote

Just say you're peacefully protesting with it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy upper, buy lower, make "Other"?
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Shouldn't be. I can buy a fixed mag lower, put any collapsible stock and any 16" upper from bravo company and it would be 100% legal. Could also buy a 16" bcm upper, have someone weld a thread protector on, then slap it on a fightlite scr lower, also legal.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#7]
A lot of companies err on the side of caution when it comes to dealing with NYS because we have a criminal nutjob governor and his lap dog AG who sends threatening letters to companies who dare sell items that NYS wants strictly controlled or prohibited outright.  Most companies rather than risk a lawsuit that even if they win will cost them big bucks just elect to not sell in NY.  Their company their decision and bitching about how they choose to do business will not change it.

I had a private seller from PA refuse to sell shotgun ammo to me because he was afraid it was illegal under the Unsafe Act.  I am an attorney and showed him the text of the Unsafe Act and the fear of powers that be in NYS was enough for him to run away.  We are living in the equivalent of East Germany under the Soviet Union my friends.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Just bought a complete upper from BCM . Put it on a fixed mag lower. Fast service plenty of cool stickers too!
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s a shame BCM stopped making their split front chest rig. In NY I figure it’d be great to wear to a protest. My pouches would be filled with 2 beers and 2 foil wrapped hotdogs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's a shame BCM stopped making their split front chest rig. In NY I figure it'd be great to wear to a protest. My pouches would be filled with 2 beers and 2 foil wrapped hotdogs.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58424/60AC9C85-5881-4FC9-935A-BB93A17C2BBF_jpe-1452822.JPG
View Quote
Holy shit, I just actually pictured you, with that, and LOL'ed.  Wodstock asked from the guest room (her office), "What's so funny??"
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well unless you're a cop they're illegal, so there's that.
View Quote

Got the same response from primary arms when asking about their bcm's. Really sucks when friends have ghost guns. But to me I want to be legal because you use a non compliant weapon they'll take everything. My FFl moved to a free state and is now in process of building a nys compliant Ar-15 rifle which he said will be close or better than bcm.Since all this nonsence is going on with covid and future riots, at least I have a firearm(and then some c:) to protect my family and property and its going to be legal.  I live between the rochester and buffalo area in nys. Stay safe ya all.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Got the same response from primary arms when asking about their bcm's. Really sucks when friends have ghost guns. But to me I want to be legal because you use a non compliant weapon they'll take everything. My FFl moved to a free state and is now in process of building a nys compliant Ar-15 rifle which he said will be close or better than bcm.Since all this nonsence is going on with covid and future riots, at least I have a firearm(and then some c:) to protect my family and property and its going to be legal.  I live between the rochester and buffalo area in nys. Stay safe ya all.
View Quote

I order from Primary Arms all the time.....no issues

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top