Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2019 4:11:46 PM EDT
Possible good news for Iowans with a PTC.

The case could leave Illinois, as well as other states who make it hard for non-residents to carry a legal concealed handgun, with a mandate to rewrite their policies.

read it here:  https://www.guns.com/news/2019/10/23/illinois-concealed-carry-reciprocity-case-heads-to-supreme-court

------------------------

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be watching that closely, I go back "home" a few times a year to visit family. My wife and I HATE disarming when we make our last pitstop before crossing the river.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Since I work in that god forsaken state, but live in Iowa, my ears are officially perked up.

Edit, after reading, the least little excerpt bothers me. Almost sounds like they want to force Illinois to allow me to get a non-resident license there, and not just tell them to honor my current license.

Since the poor dumb bastards living in IL are like $300 deep to get their license, I'm sure they'd screw us non-residents for at least twice that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I just wish Minnesota would start to recognize our permits.  I actually go to Minnesota from time to time.  Illinois only if I can't avoid it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just wish Minnesota would start to recognize our permits.  I actually go to Minnesota from time to time.  Illinois only if I can't avoid it.
View Quote
This. Drove up to Wisconsin on a birding trip a couple months ago. Had to pull over and take my gun off to get through the SE corner of Minnesota, and again to put it on in Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll be watching that closely, I go back "home" a few times a year to visit family. My wife and I HATE disarming when we make our last pitstop before crossing the river.
View Quote
Why disarm? You can wear it and have it in the car with you. You just can't get out with it in public areas, including business property. Private property there is not an issue if they are kosher with it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Since I work in that god forsaken state, but live in Iowa, my ears are officially perked up.

Edit, after reading, the least little excerpt bothers me. Almost sounds like they want to force Illinois to allow me to get a non-resident license there, and not just tell them to honor my current license.

Since the poor dumb bastards living in IL are like $300 deep to get their license, I'm sure they'd screw us non-residents for at least twice that.
View Quote
I kinda came away with the same impression. Recognizing other state permits is kind of a side thought. Likely because they do recognize, what, 4 states.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top