Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 12:50:17 PM EDT
Ladies and gents,

Jenzilla and I will be in your AO vicinity Naperville and Arlington Heights on the 21st of June. If there is sufficient interest and dining establishments are open by then, we'd like to meet you all.

What say you?

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Ben, that sounds great.  I met you briefly at the rally and after party but it would be cool to meet Jen and get to chat in a less hectic setting.  I can’t speak for the rest of the ILBB guys and gals but I’ll be free that day.  If restaurants are still closed we have a few members up around that part of the state that might be willing to host.  I’d be happy to host and my house is conducive to a good cookout, but I’m about 1.5-2 hours south of the Naperville area.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, Ben, we'll work something out.   Looking forward to meeting you and Jenzilla in person.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That's right after Cola Warrior, but I'll see if I could make it work. You should come down south, it's a lot more fun down here ??
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good. I put it on the calendar.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 300Blackout_Drunk:
That's right after Cola Warrior, but I'll see if I could make it work. You should come down south, it's a lot more fun down here ??
View Quote

Flyover is in July, not June.  Now you have no excuse!
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
That's Father's Day. Guess I'll bring my kids, I'm in.

FWIW, even if dining establishments aren't open, hopefully we can make something work. Depending on where in Arlington Heights I'm about 30-40 minutes away and could host.

Edit- been a long day and I just read and fully comprehended the post. Yeah, Slarti and I are both in Naperville, we don't need no stinkin' restaurant. ;)
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Redbirdxx:
That's Father's Day. Guess I'll bring my kids, I'm in. 

FWIW, even if dining establishments aren't open, hopefully we can make something work. Depending on where in Arlington Heights I'm about 30-40 minutes away and could host.

Edit- been a long day and I just read and fully comprehended the post. Yeah, Slarti and I are both in Naperville, we don't need no stinkin' restaurant. ;)
View Quote

Exactly.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TheRadBaron:

Flyover is in July, not June.  Now you have no excuse!
View Quote

Words are hard. Nice, I'm in!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
In!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
It's Father's Day, but I may be able to sneak out for a bit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m in
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#12]
@bushmaster1
In what part of Illinois are you?  You should come hike with us some time.  We have hikes happening in the northern and central parts of the state pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m about 45 min southwest of Rockford about 10min west of Rochelle
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bushmaster1:
I’m about 45 min southwest of Rockford about 10min west of Rochelle
View Quote

Cool.  Our northern guys have been doing a lot of hikes.  We’re having one this Sunday in Lockport.  Check out the thread here in the HTF.  Post up if you have any questions.  Hope to see you at a hike sometime.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bushmaster1:
I’m about 45 min southwest of Rockford about 10min west of Rochelle
View Quote

My dad used to live in Rochelle, not a horrible drive from here.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#16]
yeah, I think we have one or two other guys that have piped up in the original thread that are in the Rockford area. I need to go look and see specifically where.

But we have been wanting to set up a hike in far northern Illinois and maybe even a little west of Rockford. So I'm certainly up for planning something and getting to know you Bushmaster.

who knows, we might even be able to pull some guys from southern Wisconsin in with us which would be a blast to.

EDIT. meant to say southern Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I’d be game for anything along the I-39 corridor from the state line to I-80
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd be game for anything along the I-39 corridor from the state line to I-80
View Quote
Your a 45-60 mins from most of our little walks.  Each way.

edit - probably more like 60.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top