Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2020 8:09:38 AM EDT
The Senate just passed S2004Aaa which primarily deals with 3D printed firearms as well as so called "ghost guns". It sounds like the House will pass either the Senate's bill or their own, but in either case we should expect the Bitch (Governor) to sign a bill into law that pertains to 80% receivers.

As S2004Aaa is currently written, it states the bill does not contradict the GCA of 1968. It is my understanding that under the GCA of 1968, an individual can make a firearm and does not need a serial number on it provided it is never sold.

If S2004Aaa were to become law, would unserialized 80% lowers continue to be legal or would we have to serialize and "report" them?

quoted from the bill:
"8) "Ghost gun" means a firearm, including a frame or receiver, that lacks a unique serial number engraved or cased in metal alloy on the frame or receiver by a licensed manufacturer or importer under federal law or markings in accordance with 27 CFR  479.102. It does not include a firearm that has been rendered permanently inoperable or a firearm that is not required to have a serial number in accordance with the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968."
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The way I read it, you will still be able to make your P80s as the are covered under GCA 68, however you will need to put your own markings on it per the cfr (SN, name, and place). You can do this with an engraving pen. You do not need to submit the numbers or markings anywhere, but they will need to be marked. There is also a company that Big Bear works with that will mark the frames for you before you build them. Now, this only matters if you are actually stopped and searched by the police so keep that in mind as well.

The trouble is, they are so misinformed, their language contradicts itself.,
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like I'll be ordering a new engraving pen and stencils.

I agree the language of the bill sucks. It states we need to serialize, but at the same time it says we don't have to. I wonder if the same person who wrote the magazine/loaded weapon bill wrote this one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bill is so badly written, that it will likely not get out of committee.

If it is re-written, then the result would be what BATFE  already requires: a completed firearm (lower in the case of ARs) MUST be uniquely identified upon completion.  That's already Fed law, unless I am greatly mistaken.

The Bill, as-written, is a Feel-Good measure, and if it makes the Antis 'feel" better, and does not infringe on our rights further than existing Fed laws, then let them have it.  Doing so gives away nothing, at this point.  YMMV.

We have bigger fights.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Best of luck. She sounds like a real cunt.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2020/02/16/state-wants-more-gun-control/

Rhode Island’s Democratic governor and attorney general are asking state lawmakers to pass a group of bills they feel will help curb gun violence.

Gov. Gina Raimondo and Attorney General Peter Neronha said Thursday they’re supporting eight gun-control bills.

“These bills and more to come will save lives,” Raimondo said. “We know that.”
-----------------------------------------
Raimondo has to know damn good and well that these measures don’t actually have any impact on crime. It’s easy to pretend anti-gunners like her are dumb, but that would be to let them off the hook too easily.

No, she knows these measures aren’t really going to have any kind of impact. She simply doesn’t care.

For Democrats, gun control is less and less of a losing proposition, even though polls are starting to shift against them. Regardless, though, they know most of the people who this will impact weren’t likely to vote for them in the first place, so there’s little for them to lose,
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rhode Island's Democratic governor and attorney general are asking state lawmakers to pass a group of bills they feel will help curb gun violence.

Gov. Gina Raimondo and Attorney General Peter Neronha said Thursday they're supporting eight gun-control bills.

"These bills and more to come will save lives," Raimondo said. "We know that."
Raimondo has to know damn good and well that these measures don't actually have any impact on crime. It's easy to pretend anti-gunners like her are dumb, but that would be to let them off the hook too easily.

No, she knows these measures aren't really going to have any kind of impact. She simply doesn't care.

For Democrats, gun control is less and less of a losing proposition, even though polls are starting to shift against them. Regardless, though, they know most of the people who this will impact weren't likely to vote for them in the first place, so there's little for them to lose,
View Quote
Article quoted in above post is immediately suspect, because of the  fundamental, initial error here:
"Rhode Island has one of the most jacked up requirements to buy a gun anywhere in the country. It's a requirement that you provide proof you've undergone a firearm safety course just to purchase a firearm. "

That's NOT true.

A "Blue Card" is required, in lieu of other equivalent documentation, to purchase a handgun.   No "Blue Card" requirement for Rifles and/or Shotguns.  https://www.ri.gov/press/view/25351

There is NO question that Gina Raimondo, in her last term as RI Gov, is widely despised here in RI.  In fact, she ranks last in the Nation in Governor approval ratings.  She has declared herself as a Bloomberg supporter, which is also no surprise, given her aspirations for the future, no matter how Bloomberg fares.  Gina has deep ties to the Financial sector, and is  making sure she is positioned to take advantage of future events, no matter what.  She's in it for HERSELF, and any Rhode Islander with a whit of sense knows it.  Just listen to local talk radio.  Previously, Gina campaigned hard for Hillary, and Bernie Sanders won here.  Gina's got no drag.

"The Queen has no clothes", and most Rhode Islanders know it.  We, here in RI, must fight her draconian, and Unconstitutional proposals to the bitter end, but that goes without saying; same as we have Always done, but with more vigor.  Our opponents are better organized, and are stronger now, so me must be even better organized and stronger than they are.  WE must defeat them Every time. They only have to win Once, and out Fundamental Rights are gone forever.

Please,  let's make certain we have our facts are straight when doing so, lest we sound like ill-informed boobs.  We use our opponents ignorance against them to good effect.  Let's not give them a chance to do the same to us.

No offense to previous posters, but let's get our facts straight, OK?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Article quoted in above post is immediately suspect, because of the  fundamental, initial error here:
"Rhode Island has one of the most jacked up requirements to buy a gun anywhere in the country. It's a requirement that you provide proof you've undergone a firearm safety course just to purchase a firearm. "

That's NOT true.

A "Blue Card" is required, in lieu of other equivalent documentation, to purchase a handgun.   No "Blue Card" requirement for Rifles and/or Shotguns.  https://www.ri.gov/press/view/25351

There is NO question that Gina Raimondo, in her last term as RI Gov, is widely despised here in RI.  In fact, she ranks last in the Nation in Governor approval ratings.  She has declared herself as a Bloomberg supporter, which is also no surprise, given her aspirations for the future, no matter how Bloomberg fares.  Gina has deep ties to the Financial sector, and is  making sure she is positioned to take advantage of future events, no matter what.  She's in it for HERSELF, and any Rhode Islander with a whit of sense knows it.  Just listen to local talk radio.  Previously, Gina campaigned hard for Hillary, and Bernie Sanders won here.  Gina's got no drag.

"The Queen has no clothes", and most Rhode Islanders know it.  We, here in RI, must fight her draconian, and Unconstitutional proposals to the bitter end, but that goes without saying; same as we have Always done, but with more vigor.  Our opponents are better organized, and are stronger now, so me must be even better organized and stronger than they are.  WE must defeat them Every time. They only have to win Once, and out Fundamental Rights are gone forever.

Please,  let's make certain we have our facts are straight when doing so, lest we sound like ill-informed boobs.  We use our opponents ignorance against them to good effect.  Let's not give them a chance to do the same to us.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rhode Island's Democratic governor and attorney general are asking state lawmakers to pass a group of bills they feel will help curb gun violence.

Gov. Gina Raimondo and Attorney General Peter Neronha said Thursday they're supporting eight gun-control bills.

"These bills and more to come will save lives," Raimondo said. "We know that."
Raimondo has to know damn good and well that these measures don't actually have any impact on crime. It's easy to pretend anti-gunners like her are dumb, but that would be to let them off the hook too easily.

No, she knows these measures aren't really going to have any kind of impact. She simply doesn't care.

For Democrats, gun control is less and less of a losing proposition, even though polls are starting to shift against them. Regardless, though, they know most of the people who this will impact weren't likely to vote for them in the first place, so there's little for them to lose,

That's NOT true.

A guy from MICHIGAN quoted an article he read.
Settle down, Grandpa.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A guy from MICHIGAN quoted an article he read.
Settle down, Grandpa.
View Quote
Like I said, one of our biggest assets is that we have the facts on our side, and the Antis are typically ignorant, and/or outright liars.

Let's not throw away a valuable advantage by making easily-checked errors.

This "Grandpa" has been around the block a few times, and has been actively fighting for OUR rights for a long time. I regret your choice of words, and would never use such language when referring to you.

@SurfAnimal
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like I said, one of our biggest assets is that we have the facts on our side, and the Antis are typically ignorant, and/or outright liars.

Let's not throw away a valuable advantage by making easily-checked errors.

This "Grandpa" has been around the block a few times, and has been actively fighting for OUR rights for a long time. I regret your choice of words, and would never use such language when referring to you.

@SurfAnimal
View Quote
@raf
Sorry I didn't go through the entire million books of laws on RI gun ownership to fact check a gun site.
No offense, but you should notice the BOLDED parts of the article which I think a lot of gun people don't realize. Dems don't care about facts, they don't care about truth. That was what I found to be the most important part of the article and something I've said before to no avail among gun owners. Let me do it again.
Regardless, though, they know most of the people who this will impact weren’t likely to vote for them in the first place, so there’s little for them to lose,

They hate us. Period. Even if you're correct about everything they just don't fucking care. This is payback and hate, facts or lies won't matter. The only thing that matters to them is taking you out and making you pay for them having to chance losing power via elections.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@raf
Sorry I didn't go through the entire million books of laws on RI gun ownership to fact check a gun site.
No offense, but you should notice the BOLDED parts of the article which I think a lot of gun people don't realize. Dems don't care about facts, they don't care about truth. That was what I found to be the most important part of the article and something I've said before to no avail among gun owners. Let me do it again.
Regardless, though, they know most of the people who this will impact weren't likely to vote for them in the first place, so there's little for them to lose,

They hate us. Period. Even if you're correct about everything they just don't fucking care. This is payback and hate, facts or lies won't matter. The only thing that matters to them is taking you out and making you pay for them having to chance losing power via elections.
View Quote
In this political debate, there are three sides:  RKBA supporters, the Antis, and everyone else.  "Everyone else" is by far the majority of people.

Results will be determined by where they come down on the issue.  One of the tactics that can be of use in winning them over to our side is for us to be utterly reliable in what we say on the issue.  Our credibility, and the lack of credibility on the part of our opponents will be an essential component in winning the majority of people to our side.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In this political debate, there are three sides:  RKBA supporters, the Antis, and everyone else.  "Everyone else" is by far the majority of people.

Results will be determined by where they come down on the issue.  One of the tactics that can be of use in winning them over to our side is for us to be utterly reliable in what we say on the issue.  Our credibility, and the lack of credibility on the part of our opponents will be an essential component in winning the majority of people to our side.
View Quote
By far the biggest lies are from antis, hasn't made a difference in most non gun owners around me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

By far the biggest lies are from antis, hasn't made a difference in most non gun owners around me.
View Quote
Of course the Antis lie.  That's their usual method.  So expect it, and counteract it, as your means allow.  Plenty of ways to do so.

A decent place can be well-written, factual, "Letters to the Editor" in multiple papers.  Try them all out. Send your individual, separately sent, letters to as many different papers as possible.  We all know, here in the Worker's Paradise of RI, that we have an One-Party State,  and almost a One Paper State.   Sad, but try to use this to your (our) advantage.  The Lords of the ProJo can't oversee everything, and even then, allow some RKBA responses.  Make the most of it; Brevity is the soul of wit.

Try the local papers, try the local barber shops, try anything.  We can only win from your efforts, if done properly.

I believe that what must be VERY much emphasized is that if the State Gov't can restrict/curtail any enumerated Constitutional Right, then the same State Gov't can curtail  OTHER Constitutionally guaranteed Rights.  Make damn sure to make the "free speech" and "freedom of religion" direct connection.  Let folks know, in a subtle way, that the same Gov't that can curtail Second amendment rights can curtail other Rights.  Get that basic point across, and let it sink in.

Some local papers will print your opinions, others not.  Be persistent, and improve your letter for later submission.  Most will print your letters, if they are well-written, and contain facts.    Most Leftist "free" papers  might be receptive to your RKBA comments, ONLY IF you tie-in RKBA with other Bill-of-Rights Amendments, in a credible way; DEFIITELY make a point of doing so, in a credible way!  Another venue is speaking out on radio talk shows, but this requires you to be VERY well-informed, so have your ducks in a row.  You WILL be cross-examined, like in Court, so be your an expert on what you speak about, and have documents ready for reference. NEVER say anything false, and if ignorant, admit it, and offer to send them an e-mail supplanting your remarks, if possible.

I admit it's tough to overcome the Media-produced/repeated lies.  BTDT, here in VERY Democrat RI.  But we have been successful for quite a while.  Heaven help us, we will be successful in the future.

But Heaven helps those who help themselves, IIRC.

Do what you CAN do.  Talk to friends/family/accquaintences.  Have your facts straight.  Be friendly, and not pushy.  Know when to let-off, and when to push things.  Never resort to insults when talking to an Anti, just make a good joke at their expense.  Humor is the best weapon.   Have some good jokes ready/pre-planned.  Trust me, this "art of persuasion" is a SKILL, and takes some learning.  Takes time, and effort.  Look at Saul Alinsky's book, "Rules for Radicals", and turn that Commie's advice to your (our) advantage.  Good advice there, use it wisely.  Turn the tables on them. Humor and ridicule is the ultimate weapon.

If a discussion with an Anti, never think about persuading them.  Make your focus on the people listening to the discussion.  Be sure to be reasonable, and well-intentioned.  Have some humorous remarks ready, at their expense.  The "fence-sitters" are your target audience; Never forget that basic fact.

In my youth, and being very zealous, I sometimes tried too hard.  Often, less is more.  Let people fill-in the gaps for themselves, as long as the gaps are small enough.  That way, it will become their own idea, not yours, and they will cling to it as their own.  Takes some learning, and practice, as I said.

Some say a wise man learns from his mistakes.  Some others say a truly wise man learns from observing others' mistakes.  See the difference?  Please learn from my mistakes.

Believe me, we are definitely on the same side.  I'm just offering HARD earned, valuable advice to you, and others. I have ALL respect for you, and others, seeking to defend the RKBA.  BTDT

Sent with ALL  good wishes, raf
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Waiting for responses.  No offense intended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top