Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2018 12:08:43 PM EDT
Wife and I have about a week (5/6 days) were we want to road trip out of the Clackamas area...looking to take some camp gear and hotel as needed. Any suggestions for locations/destinations?

Thinking about 350/500 mile days, avoiding freeways except to blast through large lifeless areas...

Vancouver BC and surrounding (no guns)
Idaho upper into Montana and back down south
Utah through Idaho
Southern OR, Northern CA...coastal then east into NV

Appreciate any ideas and input.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Go thru WA to Coeur D'Alene, over to Kalispell, down to Missoula, then back West thru the Lolo Pass. Then West to Kennewick, then home.

All nice areas. Lolo pass has a nice Rustic lodse with cabins.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I think we decided to head up towards the northern Idaho area for a couple of days then head down south and come back into SW Oregon...not much to see in that area but that makes it kind of nice...then over to Bend for couple of more days. We're taking the kayaks along.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The Salmon river area in upper Idaho is gorgeous.  If you go through S.E. Oregon, near the town of Fields, there is the Alvord desert where many years ago Kitty Genovese set a land speed record.  There is also a really unique hot springs set out in the middle of the desert...unless someone tells you how to find it, you will miss it. It looks like an old concrete foundation with some sheet metal roofing around it.  Last time I was there, it was free, and wonderful.

The national parks in Utah are great...
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go thru WA to Coeur D'Alene, over to Kalispell, down to Missoula, then back West thru the Lolo Pass. Then West to Kennewick, then home.

All nice areas. Lolo pass has a nice Rustic lodse with cabins.
View Quote
This is basically what I did last weekend. Went to a GSSF shoot in Missoula. Went from CDA to Missoula, then to Glacier national park for a few days. 1800 miles, it was a great trip. Beautiful area up there.

GSSF has another shoot in Billings, in August. Might go to that one and spend a day or two in Yellowstone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top