Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2023 12:53:12 PM EDT
My app OnX Hunt is showing a lot of land that is state owned. Is recreational shooting allowed in these areas provided there is a safe backstop, away from roads, buildings, etc.? Similar to BLM land?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My app OnX Hunt is showing a lot of land that is state owned. Is recreational shooting allowed in these areas provided there is a safe backstop, away from roads, buildings, etc.? Similar to BLM land?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/1_JPG-2718258.JPG
View Quote

Answer is yes from what I could find online. However, state land can be leased or have some sort of activity restrictions(usually they'll have a sign posted) so you need to make sure of that. Best way to find out about the area you wish to shoot recreationally on is to call Fish and Game or Dept. of Lands.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, unless otherwise posted by state or local agencies. I set up steel plates set up on Tposts in a corner of State Land by Notellum Creek and shoot several times a week with no issues.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you gents
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top