Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2018 12:19:58 PM EDT
It is time to celebrate our Independence!

Independence Day Action Rifle Match 2018 match announcement thread.
overall match sponsor KE Arms
Hosted by Independence Training, and ran by the AZ2G crew.

Benefit event for Phoenix Children's Hospital. Every paid shooter slot includes a donation to PHX Children's hospital. Each year we have grown what we give, and it is all because of you the shooters.
Sponsors: Independence training, (more to be added shortly).

When, July 4th, 2018. 7am sign in and squading. Mandatory safety brief at 745am. First shots at 8am.
Where, Cowtown range.

Range info: This is a RIFLE only match. Bring at least 300rds of rifle ammo and you will go home with ammo (exact round count will be posted once stages are designed, bringing extra is always a good plan).  We are going to run 5 stages on the West Platforms. Expect shooting from 60yards and up to 500yards (anything past 300 yards will be scored for bonus points).  No green/black tip, tracer, or AP ammo please. There is a range specific ban on Tula "silver" bullet ammo.  Please leave side arms in your vehicle.

Water will be provided, but it wont be cold. We highly suggest you plan ahead and bring a cooler for your own use.

LUNCH: will be provided (it will be with another food vendor this year) seriously we promise we are trying to do better!  We will provide details as soon as we have em.

Divisions:
LIMITED: Any rifle using iron sights, and/or any single non-magnified red dot type optic.  Offset red dot and iron sights are allowed.  No bipods or other support devices allowed.  Magazine capacity limited to standard 30 round magazines.

TACTICAL: Any rifle using no more then 1 magnified optic.  Offset iron sights are allowed.  No bipods or other support devices allowed.  Magazine capacity limited to standard 30 round magazines.

OPEN: No limitations on accessories or magazine capacities.  May add or remove bipod and other support devices before or after stages, but not during a course of fire.

HEAVY: Any major caliber rifle using any optic or optics.  Bipods are allowed but must remain on the rifle for the entire match. Magazine capacity limited to not more than 30rds. No drum magazines allowed.

M1 Garand: Any M1 Garand in 3006 or 308. No optics, bipods, or other support devices allowed.

TROOPER:  No limitations on firearms/accessories.
Troopers must carry all ammunition they will use for the entire match on every stage.
Troopers are required to participate in all physical challenges (if there are any optional ones in the stage description).
Troopers must use the same rifle for the duration of the match, or have tools/cleaning equipment/parts with them to fix it if it stops working.
Failure to comply with any of these rules will drop the shooter out of Trooper into whatever division their firearm would put them in.

Any questions ask here or email me Arizona2gun@gmail com
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the match $$$$$$  ??

No PCC division ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the match $$$$$$  ??

No PCC division ?
View Quote
PCCs will not be able to get to the distances we typically shoot at IDARM. We've never had a PCC division.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Registration is active - be sure to register for your division: https://squareup.com/store/independencetraining/item/idarm-independence-day-action-rifle-match

As always, 25% will be donated to Phoenix Children's Hospital. Last year we ended up donating $2k worth of toys, books, crafts and art supplies to the kiddos at PCH!
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#4]
IDARM is a rifle match.
Closest target will be 60-ish yards. Scored targets will be out to 300 yards.  The longest bonus target can be 600 yards.

Sorry you missed our "Out With a Bang" (OWAB-2017) New Years eve match that included PCC divisions.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Already have 10 people signed up. Very Woot!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Signed up for Trooper yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Now its gonna be a party!

No Joke, this is going to be one of the best matches of the year. This is the one to attend.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No Joke, this is going to be one of the best matches of the year. This is the one to attend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IDARM is the match of the year, every year.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like I know what squad I'll be joining
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
How's a truck with a gun turret sound?  Cause I think it sounds awesome...
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like how I spent 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2010... LOL
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sounds like how I spent 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2010... LOL
View Quote
This will be better-ish given its a one way range. Maybe even a little cooler temp wise ??
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Got the green light for the day off from work.... Signed up and ready to go! Trooper division again this year! Not sure how many years I been doing this match now. But since it has gone to Cowtown, I think the match has improved greatly!
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got the green light for the day off from work.... Signed up and ready to go! Trooper division again this year! Not sure how many years I been doing this match now. But since it has gone to Cowtown, I think the match has improved greatly!
View Quote
We try to put on something fun, challenging, and different from the previous year.

We recently got a kayak. something something "sh!t creek" something something. That should be an interesting stage by title alone.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#15]
match is 1/3 full.  don't wait to get signed up.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Nearing half full mark. Don't wait to sign up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:55:06 AM EDT
[#17]
In. Trooper.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In. Trooper.
View Quote
Sweet
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#19]
@Tim_McBride
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#21]
In!
Any restrictions on muzzle brakes for Tactical division?
Like a JP tank brake?
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In!
Any restrictions on muzzle brakes for Tactical division?
Like a JP tank brake?
View Quote
JP tank brake is only allowed in OPEN division.  My honest opinion: it wont help you in the dust and dirt.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Half full mark reached.

Stages are designed. Expected minimum round count is 87. I highly suggest you bring at least 200rds of rifle ammo for this event. Bringing less might not be a good idea. But for those who like to live dangerously, 87 is the magic number.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck it.

Registered.

Now, remind me how to eject a half-full en-bloc clip again...
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fuck it.

Registered.

View Quote
It's gonna be a party...
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's gonna be a party...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck it.

Registered.

It's gonna be a party...
I don't get to shoot the M1 enough. And I love me some M1.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Rapidly approaching the full mark. Don't wait too much longer to sign up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In Addition to $2000 worth of gift certs,  We will have a 20% off coupon code for all IDARM Match competitors
View Quote
Thank you KE!

Link Posted: 6/16/2018 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#31]
2/3rd s mark reached.  Don't wait!
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Match is full!!!

Shooter info emails will be going out in the coming weeks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm thinking this would be a good theme shirt for the match....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#34]
That's the spirit right there!!!!

Gotta wear a matching bandanna, complete with mullet.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That's the spirit right there!!!!

Gotta wear a matching bandanna, complete with mullet.
View Quote
Oh, no mullet wig, but I got some good stuff to go with. I plan to shoot with, style....
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh, no mullet wig, but I got some good stuff to go with. I plan to shoot with, style....
View Quote
style comes from the mullet. the mullet is style!
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Match email for those signed up to shoot with us.

Thank you for participating in the 13th Annual Independence Day Action Rifle Match (IDARM)! This match is completely sold out! Phoenix Childrens Hospital is excited to receive our donation again this year – last year it was over $2000 in toys, games and art supplies! Thank you for supporting a good cause!

Be sure to print out and sign the attached waiver, then bring it with you on the day of the event!

Event Sponsors – please support all of these companies, as they donated prizes and giveaways for this match and other events we do:

We Plead the 2nd -  http://www.wepleadthe2nd.com/

KE Arms - http://www.kearms.com/

Overwatch Precision -  http://overwatchprecision.com/

Hexmag - https://hexmag.com/

Redwire Gear - http://www.redwiregear.com/

Precision 3D Targets -  http://www.p3dt.com/

Yeti Firearms - https://yetifirearms.com/

Wilderness Tactical -  http://www.thewilderness.com/

The Tactical Medic -  http://www.thetacticalmedic.com/

Independence Training -  https://www.independencetraining.com/

You need to read this entire email! Do not skip anything otherwise you may not be properly prepared for the match and that would really be disappointing for you.

1.LOCATION is at Cowtown Range: http://www.cowtownrange.com/. If you are going to use Google Maps or other navigation software, please use the range address: 10402 West Old Carefree Hwy Peoria, AZ 85383. Link to Map of Range Location: http://goo.gl/maps/riWyE
2.PARKING: The match will be on the West Platforms this year – please follow the ‘AZ 2 Gun’ signs. Go past paintball, past the normal entrance to the shooting bays and stay left at the fork. Then stay to the right and proceed up the hill. First come, first served on parking. If we run out of parking up top, we will need to begin parking below by the conex storage boxes, and then carpool up top.
3.SIGN-IN begins at 745am. Be there before that if possible, especially if you want to make sure you get in a squad with friends, enemies, etc. Sign-in will be in front of West Platform 1. You can change divisions at Sign-In if you’d like.
4.THE MATCH BEGINS at 830am with a Safety Brief, which everyone must attend. We will start without you if you are not there and you will not be able to start late unless you have made special arrangements beforehand.
5.LUNCH will be provided – we have an AWESOME new food vendor this year with K Star BBQ, who will provide pulled pork sandwiches, sliders, hot links, cold drinks, etc. Bring cash if you want extra food or drinks, they will be on site most of the day. Lunch will involve meat and bread and other delicious things so if you have special dietary needs you will need to provide your own lunch.
6.WATER will be provided in plastic bottles, however it will not be in a cooler so use it as a way to refill your own cold water or ice chest.

1.THIS IS AN OUTDOOR RANGE and basic restrooms are available. Cover / shade is also available at the range. Food services, hotels, and fuel services are available nearby, but please plan to bring everything you need to the range. Any illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages are PROHIBITED before or during the match. It’s going to be hot. Current forecast is calling for 108, sunny, light winds and low humidity. You need to start pre-gaming at least 48 hours before the match – that means putting good food into your body, good hydration (with water), electrolytes, etc. Plan to bring extra water to the match, maybe an ice chest. A popup shade structure to move around with your squad wouldn’t be a bad idea, either. Dress appropriately – hat, sunscreen, long sleeves and a bandanna/shemagh/native headdress are all good things to have.
2.EQUIPMENT:  a.Your rifle/carbine/deathstick – with a good zero and equipment appropriate to your division (see rules below)
b.87 rounds minimum of ammunition (no M855/steel core/AP/tracer/incendiary rounds) – you should bring more than 87 rounds of ammo, the minimum is 87 rounds if you shoot all of the stages clean (no misses), so unless you are a ninja robot you should bring more ammo, we recommend at least 200 rounds. Always better to go home with ammo than run out during the match.
c.Eye and ear protection
d.Sunscreen, hats, bandannas and other hot weather gear is advised
e.Water and water containers, bottles, etc.
f.Closed toed shoes are required
g.Weapons maintenance supplies
h.Knee pads, elbow pads and gloves are recommended
i.Any other gear that is appropriate for your division
j.A rifle sling is REQUIRED for 1 stage, so make sure you bring one – it does not have to be on the rifle the entire match

3.EXPECT TO END around 3pm following lunch and awards and teardown. ALL participants will be required to help with teardown – don’t worry, it’ll go very quickly with the stages we have planned.
4.QUESTIONS? Reply to this email and I will get back to you ASAP with an answer.
5.Stages will not be sent out beforehand – you’ll have to show up to the match and game it when you get there.
6.There will be an officially unofficial ‘Pay It Forward’ table at the sign-in area. NO ONE is required IN ANY WAY to participate, but if you have some gear/gun parts/tactical goodies that you no longer have a use for, bring it with you and do some trading. Remember: if you want to take out, you have to put in.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Stages are finalized!

As a teaser, here are the stage names.

Stage 1, Up hill at sh!t creek

Stage 2, Rooftop Boogie

Stage 3, Which way to go

Stage 4, Trucks n sandbags

Stage 5, Ports!
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#39]
In the match E-mail it says:

**Minimum of 5 competitors per division for that division to be recognized at the match**
View Quote
Any real chance of that happening based on signups?

Translation: If I'm going to be the only one running around with a Garand; I'll bring an AR and shoot limited.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Translation: If I'm going to be the only one running around with a Garand; I'll bring an AR and shoot limited.
View Quote
Currently all divisions are a go!
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!

PING!

Link Posted: 7/3/2018 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Can people go and watch this event if they are not participating?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.
Eye and ear protection is mandatory at all times while at the range facility.  I'd also suggest closed toe shoes, and proper clothing for being in the sun and heat.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yes.
Eye and ear protection is mandatory at all times while at the range facility.  I'd also suggest closed toe shoes, and proper clothing for being in the sun and heat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.
And bring water
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:26:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you all for coming out and braving the best for some fun in the sun.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:35:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Yes!  that's awesome!
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Results post?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Results post?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Last one I promise....

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top