Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2023 10:16:03 AM EDT
Oklahoma will enact legislation to protect gas stoves and ranges? Or to protect camp stoves for emergency use?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing to worry about, get a great stove now and some spare part.

I replaced my stove/oven two years ago, 26years old and it was still ok, the oven burners had a lil flow issue due to propane sparkle fluff, could have pulled the orfice and burners,  cleaned or replaced them, since I had to light it with a match placed at the right burner port and not all ports would light cause I was lazy and didn't pull them out and clean it, but I was tired of hearing my gf gripe about having to put it at 500deg to get inside oven temp 350deg.

So feeling a bit lazy and buying some lumber at home Depot to build a shed I noticed they had a $1k ge stainless stove/oven with heavy cast iron grates and griddle up top and a big oven below on a hellofa sale, after tax got it for $595 delivered, since they had free delivery on any appliance over $500, only thing I had to do was remove the natural gas orfices and put in the propane ones and hookup once inside.

Hope to get 30years plus outta this stove, it's accurate as hell in the oven temp, set it at whatever temp and it's within +/-5deg.

But whatever, majority of the Dems/repubs don't give a fuck none bout the working man and families wellbeing, figure I paid $430 for 150gal propane last month, keeps going up my woman be cooking over a wood fire in my bigassed brick bbq outside we able, or off my wood stove I'll put back in my house when I'm not feeling lazy hahahahahahahah, shit that'll mean I'll have to cut trees down and split ?? wood. Good thing I got saws, axes and trees if I have to.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The Biden administration has backed away from it. There was so much blowback, they quietly dropped it.

I can just see them raiding someone’s home to confiscate a stove.  You might really see sheriffs arresting federal agents.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I know my mom was ready to send my ass to place a foot where the sun doesn’t shine. We’re too fat for a civil war but you start screwing with our fried chicken and biscuits and gravy and the war will be upon you. My current gas stove is about 22 years old and I hate to replace it. My mom has been through two of the nicer ones that have computer board issues. I’m surprised there wasn’t more blowback.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Biden administration has backed away from it. There was so much blowback, they quietly dropped it.

I can just see them raiding someone's home to confiscate a stove.  You might really see sheriffs arresting federal agents.
View Quote
We had that happen in the early 60's.
Except OTASCO called it repossession not confiscation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top