Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2020 11:05:04 PM EDT
Preferably Fort Worth, but someone in Dallas would work.

I'm looking for someone familiar with Employment Law that can review and advise me on a non-compete agreement with my present employer.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Fisher & Phillips.  I only know them because I've been to numerous continuing professional education sessions where they spoke.  Employment Law is their specialty. It might be that they specialize in defense of such claims, though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I did some reading about them.   It appears Fisher & Phillips cater to the employer side of labor law.

I'm looking for someone specializing in being on the opposite side of the table.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Preferably Fort Worth, but someone in Dallas would work.

I'm looking for someone familiar with Employment Law that can review and advise me on a non-compete agreement with my present employer.  

View Quote
just curious - are you actually being sued for non compete or just curious?  everything I've ever heard is along the lines of "that's nice dear that shit isn't enforceable"  Non solicit on the other hand is different.  understand if you don't want to answer this for the record.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just curious - are you actually being sued for non compete or just curious?  everything I've ever heard is along the lines of "that's nice dear that shit isn't enforceable"  Non solicit on the other hand is different.  understand if you don't want to answer this for the record.
View Quote

Not being sued...yet.  Anyone can be sued, for just about anything.  I want a legal opinion about a very specific set of circumstances.  That opinion will have a strong influence on a decision I may need to make in the near future.

I've got a name, but its not really a referral from someone that has used her.   I've got an appointment late next week, but if I could find a first hand recommendation, I would probably cancel that appointment.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  I did some reading about them.   It appears Fisher & Phillips cater to the employer side of labor law.

I'm looking for someone specializing in being on the opposite side of the table.

View Quote

Not a lawyer but someone that understands the rules of any specific set of circumstances enough to specialize for the big money side of things (employer in this case), knows the ins and outs for the other side if being paid to provide that information.  Work isn't typically about morals, it's about money.  If they are good at making money based on their knowledge, they likely employee some the the better staff in that field.

On the other side, ambulance chasers that advertise to potential plaintiffs, you don't have to be great, throw enough darts, odds are you will hit the bullseye from time to time.

I've heard it said that in a divorce, talk to the best firms in your area, once they consult with you, they are off the table for the other side.  That may be BS, maybe a lawyer will chime in on that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Craig Bernstein in Dallas.  He does employment and non competes for sales people.  And yes they are enforceable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top