Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2021 9:08:06 PM EDT
I live in the Atlanta metro area (north side) and need a new cowboy hat. I'm from Texas and out there stores are dime a dozen. I'd like to find a place that has a ton of felt hats in stock and has a an experienced hat shaper in the store to shape it the way I want it.  Does such a place exist here?
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There used to be a place called Horsetown....Not sure if it's still there.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You can try boot barn. Or horse town.

if you make it down south west try the cowboy shop In Roopville.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There used to be a place called Horsetown....Not sure if it's still there.
View Quote

Horsetown East is in Snellville, Horsetown West is in Marietta and Horsetown South is in Locust Grove. They’re all still in operation.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Laredo Western Wear

Their selection and quality blows Horsetown out of the water
4166 Buford Hwy NE # F4, Atlanta, GA 30345

Horsetown got acquired by Cavenders and has gone downhill since then.

Laredo stocks all you could want, and last I was there had a hat maker in a few days a week if you need custom.

Link Posted: 12/9/2021 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Laredo Western Wear

Their selection and quality blows Horsetown out of the water
4166 Buford Hwy NE # F4, Atlanta, GA 30345

Horsetown got acquired by Cavenders and has gone downhill since then.

Laredo stocks all you could want, and last I was there had a hat maker in a few days a week if you need custom.

View Quote

No offense, but when I went in to Laredo off of S Cobb it looked like a Vaquero store, not a western wear store.  They had a lot of low quality hats (I didn't see anything over 6X) and poor selection at that.  Maybe I need to go to the other one across town.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#6]
While I have received good service in general at the Horsetown in Snellville, they have not had a had shaper working any time that I have been in there.

There is a western store just north of I-85 on 441 near Commerce that sometimes has a guy that shapes hats, and if you catch them at the right times they have a decent selection.

I have an uncommon hat size; so, finding stuff in stock that actually fits is rare for me.  I've had a couple of hats custom made due to this.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Horsetown in Snellville or McDonough/Locust Grove. American Hat Co is what you want.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been to Horse town. Been to the one just below Carrollton too. Both where great when I went. But since ur north of ATL. Might as well shoot up to Nashville and hit those shops. Since ur from Tx and looking for quality.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Might be worth a trip up to Nashville.  They DEFINITELY stock the high end hats there.  Anything you want from $300 to $30,000.  

Or call and ask Horsetown if they stock a selection of 6X and higher hats.  I'm a poor who's never owned anything nicer than 4X.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Horsetown West (now Cavender's) in Marietta has a shaper.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Horsetown West (now Cavender's) in Marietta has a shaper.
View Quote

That's what I want. A nice hat shaped right on the spot!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
First time I've heard of a western wear store not having a full time shaper.  Seems odd to sell cowboy hats and not have someone there to shape them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
First time I've heard of a western wear store not having a full time shaper.  Seems odd to sell cowboy hats and not have someone there to shape them.
View Quote

It's a different world on this side of the Mississippi when it comes to such things.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I was able to find a Stetson 10X in Sahara (tan) in my size at Cerrito Western Wear on the south side of Atlanta. They had a great selection!
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I usually get mine on trips out west, my current Stetson I picked up in Jackson WY.

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#16]
There's a saddlery shop in Alpharetta?

There's a hat shop in Helen, they look like cowboy hats to me and were kinda expensive.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's a saddlery shop in Alpharetta?

There's a hat shop in Helen, they look like cowboy hats to me and were kinda expensive.
View Quote

If you're thinking of the same hat shop in Helen that I'm thinking of, it is a waste of time and only has lower quality hats.  General rule of thumb is that if the hats are stacked inside each other, they are not high quality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top