BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2022 4:35:19 PM EDT
Title says all
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What's going on Sir? Things getting any better?
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Spinal surgery. Went a little bad. Lost mobility waist down
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit. Hope it improves. A guy in GD had the same thing happen a while back.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
So sorry to hear that. Do you need anything? Praying for you.

I’m looking at a future cervical fusion myself and keep seeing threads like yours popping up and now I’m scared to death!
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Soldier65 I'm sorry to hear about that and hope it's a short term issue.  But more importantly where are you located, what do you need and what kind of prognosis did they give you as far as recovery?  Prayers sent to you and your family as well.

Countryboy take it easy on that back and make sure to get 2nd and 3rd opinions before you have anything fused.
View Quote

Wise advice.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#7]
How’s OP doing?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump to the top. Hate that we haven’t heard back from OP.

Booger - Yes that’s the plan. Get as many professional opinions as I can.

I don’t want to be carved on and built with parts if I don’t have to.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry it's been a while. I had surgery at U of I . Was in nuero icu 8th till the 12th. Moved to surgical care unit and this afternoon was moved to Mercy rehab center in Cedar Rapids. I have very little use of my legs, weakness and dexterity loss in my left hand
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear that. What are the chances of a full recovery? Let the group know if there is something we can do for you please.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#11]
U of I took good care of me a few months back. Prayers everything works out. Don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Glad you’re above ground.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Highly recommend the University of Iowa Hospitals.  I trained there as a X-Ray Tech / now called Radiographers. Worked there most of the 1960's in Radiation Therapy.

Will be there Thursday for a 4.5 year cancer followup. Wife & I each had two eyes done last year for cataracts with fantastic results.

It is a med school hospital so you will be examined by Doctors, Residents, Interns etc.

You can do a self referral there on their website.  Don't wait the quicker you get the proper care the better the result will be.

https://www.uihealthcare.org/

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Just found this thread.
Good Luck to the OP.
I had a laminectomy at the L4-L5 level in January and it failed; I was one of the very small percentage for which the procedure made things worse. I do NOT blame the doctor at all and I did follow post-op instructions. I was just one of the ones with shitty luck and a shittier outcome. By May we knew something had to be done or I would have ended up on disability for life. I went up to the Minnesota Spine Institute and had a fusion of L4-L5 the 6th of June. I struggled mightily for about 5 weeks with inflammation of the sciatic nerve on my right side. It got to the point I could just barely walk. Then... BOOM, it just plain went away. Literally, one Friday night I was in extreme pain even getting into bed and Saturday morning it was gone. Still have a lot of stiffness and ache, but damn. Even my outlook on life in general has improved.
Things can get better and I sincerely hope they do for you.
My doctor in Mason City I still recommend was Dr. Bhangoo and the doctor up at MSI was Dr. Hansen.

Seriously, I'm hoping good hopes for you.

Greg
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top