Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/29/2024 1:11:36 PM EDT
Title says it.  I logged off two years ago and decided I will give it another try.  Looking forward to fun discussions but want to avoid "certain" topics.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Tboy hope you're doing well.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
"Living the life"!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:00:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joemama74] [#3]
Welcome back.

Refresh my memory - you guys did some hog hunting in Oklahoma?

Hogs have been hunted/trapped out of my immediate area, while it provided some entertainment, I'm not sure that I care they are gone.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joemama74:
Welcome back.

Hogs have been hunted/trapped out of my immediate area, while it provided some entertainment, I'm not sure that I care they are gone.
View Quote

So DFW no longer has hog problems?  I've swung by a couple of times over Christmas but haven't asked.  I have noticed a large growth in northern parts on DFW so curious how much of that is slowing down now.  I'm hearing substantial increase in apartment construction in DFW so curious if that's hitting the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

So DFW no longer has hog problems?  I've swung by a couple of times over Christmas but haven't asked.  I have noticed a large growth in northern parts on DFW so curious how much of that is slowing down now.  I'm hearing substantial increase in apartment construction in DFW so curious if that's hitting the rest of the state.
View Quote

No, they are still around, they just aren't coming to my place and digging up shit anymore.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Welcome back and hope all is well!
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

"Making friends" every day by trying to educate the locals how things should be properly done in a polite society like Texas.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
DFW area?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome back.  Sometimes taking a break from things isn't a bad idea.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
.  Looking forward to fun discussions but want to avoid "certain" topics.
View Quote

NEVER clicking a topic in GENERAL DISCUSSION is a good start.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:
Welcome back.  Sometimes taking a break from things isn't a bad idea.
View Quote

Yes, especially my situation and the level of BS from GD/mods/staff.  I will never get into any of the UA threads or discuss anything about the war because I know I'll have way too many "experts" lecture me and explain how they know all.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By r-2-k-b-a:

NEVER clicking a topic in GENERAL DISCUSSION is a good start.
View Quote

I came back today and immediately avoid anything with a certain country name.  It blows my mind one thread is over 5k pages of keyboard commandos.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bud:
DFW area?
View Quote

I lived there for 25 years and still have family & friends that I visit when I'm back.  I try to keep up with updates.  Something about a massive influx of crazies coming to see some eclipse for a couple of minutes.  Guess I'll miss that lifetime event.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:36:51 AM EDT
[#14]
My sister-in-law and her husband are driving to Mason for the eclipse.  From San Francisco.  Nuts to the nth power.

Paladin
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey man glad to hear your ok I met you at wolfj's first cheesecake event and when the whole Uke thing kicked off I remembered you and thought man its gotta be crazy overthere.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Don’t think of what you have missed.  You should be summarizing what you’ve done over the 2 years that kept you from logging on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bradleyswine:
Don’t think of what you have missed.  You should be summarizing what you’ve done over the 2 years that kept you from logging on.
View Quote

I was pissed and will NEVER give another dime to this site.

Basically I learned that ARFCOMs didn't care about the war but were using my experiences as a way of entertainment and escape from their crappy lives.  I would get into arguments with certain members how I didn't know anything because I didn't know the language (one idiot was Ukrainian yet had never visited the country).  So I put out a plea in between my trips evacuating terrified locals to other countries to find out another Arfcom drama "queen" had suckered members to fund his trip to come play amateur journalist for a few days.  Complete waste of funds which were needed to help all the IDPs (look it up).
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I tried to get members to unite to help in various forms and was accused by site staff/mods/admin of trying to break federal laws (ITAR) which was far from what I was doing so when I called them out I got constant warnings which I challenged which they didn't like.

This was happening to me while I was broken down in a village near the Polish border, sleeping in a small freezing room above the garage (with no toilet), after previously being mistaken as a Russian saboteur (you don't want to be in that situation in that time).  While our resident transexual was partying it up in an upscale hotel bar back in Lviv, pretending that he cared.  So, I prefer not to get into details because I'll get pissed again, get reported, and get banned.

I will say that I hope Americans never have to experience the horrors of living in a war zone (not volunteering to go kill others).
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#19]
The less posts people make on public forums the better they will be.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

You've burned 2 in this thread so I guess it means you care!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Title says it.  I logged off two years ago and decided I will give it another try.  Looking forward to fun discussions but want to avoid "certain" topics.
View Quote

ukraine is dum
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm glad I missed that post on Ukraine. Getting more picky about what I read here and what interests me. Hopefully you were able to help some folks. No matter how you slice that over there, it's a shit sandwich.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradleyswine] [#23]
Between the time you left and now I made myself an account on another website and I was given a month long block a week later for complaining in public about “administrative actions or discussions on the forums” of that site. Fortunately for me I had to wait 4 weeks and make 14 posts before I was allowed to discuss buying or list any items I was selling or trading. So I get to log on after my probation period is complete.
😁

ARFCom is way laid back by comparison.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm glad I missed that post on Ukraine. Getting more picky about what I read here and what interests me. Hopefully you were able to help some folks. No matter how you slice that over there, it's a shit sandwich.
View Quote

Did what was needed.  The sexpats left when things kicked off full speed and were replaced by the poor foreigners pretending to be heroes so they could get laid and then go home, boasting about their conquests.

Basic facts: YES - there is corruption, YES - there are neo-nazi's in abundance, YES - psychopaths & sociopaths enjoy this place, especially the predators, YES - NGOs are massively corrupt filled with leftist globalists, YES - the UN have all their new shiny toys living it up in the nicest hotels, YES - many women fled abroad and are basically prostitutes, NO - many men don't want to die for their country (this is a pacifist culture, unlike the militant culture in Texas), YES - constant excuses without taking responsibility so victimhood is standard.  

This is a nation with a squatter mentality that only knows masters, wants everything for free, and refuse to be be responsible citizens (ie broken tax system).  This place is being used to steal, launder, hide, and make money by internal & external forces.  Once the industrial war complex has made enough funding death & destruction, it will turn to "rebuilding" which will see some of the worst corruption and abuses while relying on the United States to fund the majority.  Just look the current support & conflict from neighboring EU countries.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like you are describing the liberals in Washington D.C. and Austin.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Between the time you left and now I made myself an account on another website and I was given a month long block a week later for complaining in public about “administrative actions or discussions on the forums” of that site. Fortunately for me I had to wait 4 weeks and make 14 posts before I was allowed to discuss buying or list any items I was selling or trading. So I get to log on after my probation period is complete.
😁

ARFCom is way laid back by comparison.
View Quote

I have saved so much money in the past few years because of my gun hobby.  I hope to get settled in, make connections, and then buy a couple of guns and do some competition shotgunning.  Unfortunately, civilians can only own handguns that fire rubber balls (9MM cartridge) but still have to get permission from LE.  I tried to buy some Krinks off the police when they pulled them out of the warehouses a couple of years ago.  Now they've put them back up in my area.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:01:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tboy] [#27]
Sounds like you are describing the liberals in Washington D.C. and Austin.
View Quote

I thought I got away from that mentally unstable mindset only to find out there's a large group of leeches in this world wandering around aimlessly with no purpose but to impose their broken mindset on others while thinking they're helping.  There is an "American House" based in Kyiv & Lviv (not sure where else but I think is funded by certain NGOs and/or State Department) that uses the pretense of teaching English to brainwash locals into leftist viewpoints (DEI, ESG, LGBQTIA+).  So, on one side, I'm dealing with fat ugly leftist women coming here to save those in need and loser wannabe alpha men pretending they're here to save the poor helpless Ukrainians.  My area is traditionally conservative but these past 2 years has seen a influx of the globalist narrative.  So being around all the "neos" isn't so bad since I'm white enough and not some alphabet person.

People here do love their neck tattoos.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#28]
2PO died while you were gone.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Welcome back.

Got em at my ranch, 90 miles thereabouts west of Ft Worth.  

Apartments are overtaking all the decent areas.  Used to have 1 in my town, now we've got 7 or 8 mega complexes
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Well Dang!!!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
2PO died while you were gone.
View Quote

Wow.

Glad you're still kickin.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top