Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2021 12:49:16 PM EDT
Tried to order a Magpul stock this morning.  They will not ship it to CT and will not even ship it to the E. Hartford store for pick up.

Odd because they sell them in store?  If the customer service rep said it's against company policy I could have respected that.  However, he kept going on about how it's state law?  

He then told me to contact my state legislator and hung up on me.  I'm done with these clowns.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Did it let you order the item then send you an email saying they couldn't do. Or did it not let you finish buying, because you entered CT? Just curious if it's programmed into their checkout process or someone reviews orders and determines the cancellation.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It didn't let me finish buying.  Since it was enough for free shipping I figured I'd get it delivered to my residence.  When that didn't work I tried ship to store.  This was also a no go.

If you scroll way down to the bottom of the web page that the stock is listed on it shows: Notice--Connecticut: The sale of this item is restricted in Connecticut.

If I saw this initially I wouldn't have even have bothered.  It never even entered my mind that this item would be an issue.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What makes even less sense is the fact they ship it to their own store, in a state they say its forbidden, in terms of stocking their store.

When the phone jockey said it went against state law, you should've asked if he wanted to notify the state that they, themselves, were selling "illegally".
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What makes even less sense is the fact they ship it to their own store, in a state they say its forbidden, in terms of stocking their store.

When the phone jockey said it went against state law, you should've asked if he wanted to notify the state that they, themselves, were selling "illegally".
View Quote

100%  I 'm dumbfounded.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I found it funny Cabelas wouldn't ship a tacsol threaded barrel to me, but had no problems sending it to Mass.  I didn't bother arguing with cabelas about it, I just worked around their rules.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Cabelas died when Bass Pro bought them. I am sure it won't be much longer before the East Hartford store is gone.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I always felt Cabelas / Bass pro were good for people just getting into guns.
But people like us that are way past that should do business with companies such as Bravo Company, Larue tactical, etc.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]
The cashier made me show my permit for a Maglula
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#9]
If you have not seen Tucker's piece about the buy out of Cabela's.....

Hedge fund forced Cabela's merger, decimated jobs in Sidney, Nebraska
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#10]
There should be zero issues with a plastic stock.  He doesn't know if it's "legal" or not because he isn't doing his job.  Selling these items required an employee to understand what's what in this regard.  IF you have pre-ban that stock is absolutely not an issue.  But it's not even an issue at all because it's just a damned stock.  So, what you're left with is contacting supervision and getting things straight with them and having them educate the employee. Clear tell them If they won't sell CT residents a stock for damned sakes, then ANY component of ANY AR-15 is banned as well.  They might as well write it off for you guys; bgs, uppers, trigger kits, etc., etc.  So, pick up the phone and talk to managment and tell them they have it on the shelves already for anyone to buy.  Shipping to CT isn't an issue.  

Oh my am I happy that I don't have to deal with them anymore.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#11]
The biggest chuckle I had yesterday was when they sent me an email saying I left something in my cart.  Jeez O Pete.  

I know it's automated but I had to laugh.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The cashier made me show my permit for a Maglula
View Quote

I don't know what my reaction would be to that.  Initially shock for sure.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cabelas died when Bass Pro bought them. I am sure it won't be much longer before the East Hartford store is gone.
View Quote

Agreed and agreed.  It sucks because they do have some decent peeps working there.  I'd hate to see more people lose jobs.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Agreed and agreed.  It sucks because they do have some decent peeps working there.  I'd hate to see more people lose jobs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure when their tax deal expires but I am sure they have that store earmarked for closure. Lots of reasons why they would close it.

1. The sales per square foot is probably on the low side compared to other locations.
2. The state never delivered on their promise at that location.
3. Hunters and gun owners are their core business and much of that is restricted for sale here.
4. Hunters and Sportsmen per capita here has to be lower than in other areas where they have stores.
4. Bass Pro is 30 miles away.
5. COVID is putting a smack down on brick and mortar retailers.
6. Their prices used to be high now they are more ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bass Pro died when they went brick and mortar.

OP

There are literally hundreds of places you can get that stock shipped to your door.

Why did you choose that clip joint?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top