Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2024 7:40:44 PM EDT
Been wanting a Remington 870P with rifle sights for years. Today, I picked up a department trade-in for $350.00 and I have a big stupid grin on my face. Not sure of the agency, but their armorer was awesome. This gun had no real marks or even wear on the exterior surfaces, the grey park had a beautiful even patina. Bore was a mirror. Action is smooth and solid. A little finish wear on the bolt and rails, but looks almost new. Speedfeed II stock and fore end, no marring. The gun looks almost new and has a good coat of oil inside and out. Bolt face is clean with no appreciable wear. Barrel code gives a production date of October 1992. Marked Remington 870 Police Magnum. Honestly, she looks like she never left the armory rack.

I am HAPPY.  

For anyone interested, I bought it at Craig's in Columbia, and they still have one left (but with the bead sight). Just FYI.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome. Those are excellent guns!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
CORRECTION..... After taking time to examine the gun, it turns out the patina was actually the remains of the thin coat of cosmoline that Remington used to spray on all the shipped contract guns. It appears this gun was a spare that was NEVER used/ handled. I confirmed it was NOT refinished (done a lot of that, so I know what to look for).

Sometimes good things happen.... even to me!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:
CORRECTION..... After taking time to examine the gun, it turns out the patina was actually the remains of the thin coat of cosmoline that Remington used to spray on all the shipped contract guns. It appears this gun was a spare that was NEVER used/ handled. I confirmed it was NOT refinished (done a lot of that, so I know what to look for).

Sometimes good things happen.... even to me!!!
View Quote

So you stole that gun from the police!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Great find on the 870! Post some pics when you get the cosmoline cleaned up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t need one.  Nope. I sure don’t. Nope, I don’t need one. Nope. I sure don’t."…………
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Welll, one of you fuckers went and bought the other one before I could go back and get it, too. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top