Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2020 5:31:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember his posts from way back.

Didn't he move to Texas to work for CTD at some point?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
He always had good posts when he was in Missouri. He always had some cool guns in his posts if I remember as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
He is still living in Houston, Tx (from his posts). He worked for Primary Arms  before going to work for Swampfox Optics. He has a few posts under the Optics section in the main AR section. It's always a pleasure reading his posts about optics and he never hesitates to answer any questions in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember him from some of jeff and Johns get togethers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]

I miss that guy, one hell of a good cat.

The AK-74s he made for me are top notch.

Thanks for the AAR!

Viva Duke!

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember his posts from way back.

Didn't he move to Texas to work for CTD at some point?
View Quote

He did work for CTD as a photographer/blogger for a little while iirc.
I remember going to his wedding way back when.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#8]
He has a big thread for SwampFox in the optics forum.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/SwampFox-Optics/18-737086/

Been thinking about 1x10 lpvo they came out with.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He has a big thread for SwampFox in the optics forum.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/SwampFox-Optics/18-737086/

Been thinking about 1x10 lpvo they came out with.
View Quote
I bought the Swampfox Tomahawk 1-4 and the Kingslayer micro dot and am happy with both.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Did he change his username?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did he change his username?
View Quote
Yes he did. He went by PA_Mike when he worked for Primary Arms. He now goes by Swampfox_Optics_Mike.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes he did. He went by PA_Mike when he worked for Primary Arms. He now goes by Swampfox_Optics_Mike.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#13]
In the mega Swampfox thread he is posting under That_Guy_Mike
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#14]
@ That_Guy_Mike

Well I went ahead and ordered the 1x10 Arrowhead. Hope I like it. It was the last thing I needed for my 12" 6.5 Grendel build, that is currently at KAE Custom coatings.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Haven't talked to him in years.  In fact, I sold him a yugo sks that I sorely miss and regret selling.  

Quoted:
IIRC, he first moved to Colorado to work for a company that wasn't firearms related, then he moved to Texas to work for Primary Arms.
View Quote

I think he moved to TX to do media or promo work for CTD? It's been a while so I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Haven't talked to him in years.  In fact, I sold him a yugo sks that I sorely miss and regret selling.  

I think he moved to TX to do media or promo work for CTD? It's been a while so I may be wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
IIRC, he first moved to Colorado to work for a company that wasn't firearms related, then he moved to Texas to work for Primary Arms.

Yes he did. Then he went to work for Primary Arms and now works for Swampfox Optics. And he is still in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I shot my first FA sub machine guns at his CCW class!

Sup Duke!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh boy oh boy that name is a blast from the past. I met him at I think John's hometown shoots just outside Catawissa a couple times was really good guy and I did love his post glad he's doing well
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Mike seems to be the happiest I seen him last time we talked. He has come a long way with a very winding road from the young man I met when he was a grad student.  the home town form and Mo lost a good member when he moved. But we lost allot of good members from the old days. Afrcom has changed and people change and move on.  The whole gun market has changed over the years. Long are the days When CMMG was working out of a house, Getting a start at gunshows , people catching berms on fire, Colman canisters going over parking lots.... they day you could run a COF and bayonet the target for a hit. The old EE where you could get very good deals. I long for those days some times. since I been cleaning up trying to move I found all the DVD and videos from the old shoots. Allot of good people there allot of them you never heard from again. Justinnite in a washing machine.  good days in a way.

we are as a group can also be our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Mike seems to be the happiest I seen him last time we talked. He has come a long way with a very winding road from the young man I met when he was a grad student.  the home town form and Mo lost a good member when he moved. But we lost allot of good members from the old days. Afrcom has changed and people change and move on.  The whole gun market has changed over the years. Long are the days When CMMG was working out of a house, Getting a start at gunshows , people catching berms on fire, Colman canisters going over parking lots.... they day you could run a COF and bayonet the target for a hit. The old EE where you could get very good deals. I long for those days some times. since I been cleaning up trying to move I found all the DVD and videos from the old shoots. Allot of good people there allot of them you never heard from again. Justinnite in a washing machine.  good days in a way.

we are as a group can also be our own worst enemy.
View Quote

I need to sit down and watch those. That was before my time on here. I think I just barely missed some of that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Ron!!   I retired and moved out of MO but I sure have such good memories of CMMG shoots and getting to meet so many folks.  Duke made a real nice 1911 for me.

I guess the only thing that is constant is change....
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I have said optic, very nice glass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top