Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2021 6:46:23 PM EDT
Does anyone know of any good jobs?  Something where I can make $25/hr+ in the south metro area.  I am an aircraft mechanic but that industry is too volatile, so I have been working in the town I live in public works.  It's a good job don't get me wrong, but need something that I can use my brain.  I do have a CDL A but not really looking for a trucking job unless I have to.  I can do desk jobs or jobs outside an office.  Hell I'd do a remote job since I have been classified essential since the start of C. So if you all know anything I'd love to look into it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Full background? Education? Clearance?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Full background? Education? Clearance?
View Quote
US Navy 2002-2010
degree in Aircraft Maintenance Technology
Aircraft and Powerplant license since 2002
CDL A with air brakes license
I've done customer service jobs, airline maintenance, OTR trucking, snow plowing with tandem trucks, street sweeping, concrete, asphalt.  
I don't have a clearance

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
HVAC tech jobs are plentiful.  Hospitals all have multiple openings for HVAC techs or maintenance techs.  Hospitals are generally good places to work, as I rarely see anyone leave.

Commercial buildings are looking for building engineers, too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
HVAC tech jobs are plentiful.  Hospitals all have multiple openings for HVAC techs or maintenance techs.  Hospitals are generally good places to work, as I rarely see anyone leave.

Commercial buildings are looking for building engineers, too.
View Quote
I was looking at hvac jobs but all require epa certificates.  Haven't really looked to see how to get it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
US Navy 2002-2010
I've done customer service jobs, airline maintenance, OTR trucking, snow plowing with tandem trucks, street sweeping, concrete, asphalt.  
I don't have a clearance

View Quote

any interest in electric power?

@denverdan
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@denverdan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
US Navy 2002-2010
I don't have a clearance

@denverdan

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

i mean:  i don't have the hookups on the construction side.

see lots of job listings online and i have work with PAH and hooper as we speak.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 5:21:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

see lots of job listings online and i have work with PAH and hooper as we speak.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I think either of those companies are always looking to hire helpers/apprentices.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah I think either of those companies are always looking to hire helpers/apprentices.
View Quote

everyone everywhere in the power industry is hiring right now.

it's insane.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you smile like a glazed doughnut?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Haynes Mechanical has a good training program for HVAC technicians, and they are a good company.   Might check them out to see if they have anything.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
A good friend owns a small aircraft repair shop in Broomfield. It's not South obviously, but if you are interested IM me. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top