Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2023 2:33:41 PM EDT
Pfft!

I went to a local shop that has some ammo I want to test in my target pistol.

Here's what I was told by the clerk:
1.  Only the manager can sell ammo.
2.  The manager was not in the store.
3.  You have to take and pass the test for a Firearms Safety Certificate.  <-- After I questioned this, he agreed this was not needed to only buy ammo.
4.  You have to pass a NICS check.
5.  There is a 10 day waiting period for your first purchase.  <-- I did not bother to question this because of items 1, 2.

I was only after a small box (50 rd) of rimfire ammo for testing but I went home empty handed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Which shop?

I'd prefer avoiding wasting my time like that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait till you find out that after you move you can't buy ammo until you jump through hoops as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
And if you live out of state and need to buy ammo well your out of luck.What a mess for just ammo
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't buy ammo in California anymore.  I just make my own.  I woouldn't be surprised that there is a limit on the number of rounds allowed in a single purchase.  I can reload all I want.  And no one in the state government knows a thing about it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I also reload but this was one crappy box of rimfire ammo, 50 rounds of rimfire.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to the DMV and get the Real ID... Birth Certificate, car registration showing home address... Cost me a buck for nics check, walked out door with ammo...

Edit: We do have a couple cases before the court that could be any day that will reverse this issue...
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven’t bought ammo in CA since the background check BS went into effect.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.  I refuse to deal with that nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Neither have I and, perhaps, that's part of the problem.  

I suspect there are several different issues involved in solving this problem, the biggest of which is  - only the manager can sell ammo and he wasn't there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#10]
WHEW!, I was successful in purchasing some rimfire ammo yesterday.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
The liberals have made a total mess of the gun laws in CA.

It’s never been about safety, it’s always been about the eventual outlawing of guns period. If they can’t take away the guns, they’ll make it harder and harder to buy ammo until ammo can’t be bought anymore. It’s sickening.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Agreed, more difficult and more expensive.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 2:13:39 AM EDT
[#13]
It's also a pain if you buy more than one box of different types of ammo.  There is a separate form for each box of different ammo and you have to sign each form.  It's a pain for the shop, too.  Just more CALDOJ harassment of us gun owners.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top