User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2022 10:02:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
@Aimless is relocating? Or just migrating for the season?

I grew up hunting on family land, so I am a bit biased in that private land is the only way to fly when hunting.

Unfortunately I lost access to that due to folks passing on and shady business regarding wills.

Anyway, I am now a public lands heathen. I can't comment too much on anything other than general rifle seasons as that's generally my season and weapon of choice.

You'll have the best luck on public lands if you get off the roads and into the back country a bit. Lots of road hunters here and folks who will hike a couple hundred yards off the roads and think they're practically Bear Grylls.

ETA:

I generally hunt the central part of the state (Price/Fairview/Fishlake, etc.), good hunting all around IMO, just don't expect much Elk on the outskirts of Moab.

Several good units towards the southern end such as the Pasagaunt and surrounding areas. Lots of limited entry stuff there too though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's some new law smacking guides around. I guess guides somehow control a lot of the tags or there are tons of dopey rich guys being shepherded around?
View Quote

Yeah, I've heard a little bit about that but honestly haven't kept up with it since it doesn't apply to me.

Guided hunts and out of state tags have become big business here the past 10-15 years, so it wouldn't surprise me.

As a local there have been several seasons where I haven't drawn a tag (it is lottery based), likely due to out of state hunters, particularly in limited entry areas.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Have your friends start applying asap for Utah big game.  

You too, not sure when the application cutoff is, Colorados just closed.  

Pretty complex rules, but I’ll bet you can figure it out.

Welcome to the West.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/main-hunting-page/big-game.html
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top