Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2020 5:25:26 PM EDT
Cousin bought land in NC. She hears hunting pretty close to her house.  Can she post no-hunting signs and call the sheriff on trespassers?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Cousin bought land in NC. She hears hunting pretty close to her house.  Can she post no-hunting signs and call the sheriff on trespassers?
View Quote

NC has a purple paint law. Paint it up and call the game warden to let them handle it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

NC has a purple paint law. Paint it up and call the game warden to let them handle it.
View Quote

Thanks!   I looked it up and emailed the links to my cousin.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@4v50 I recently just had to mark 28acres I purchased that adjoined my property. Walmart had the best price by far on the purple paint YMMV
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Honda4828.   Just told my cousin about WallyWorld.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell your cousin to be sure that they are hunting on her property.  If they are legally hunting on adjacent land and she calls the game warden on them then she could be charged for hunters harassment.  

As others have stated she can use purple paint on her boundaries and do call the game warden for hunting or sheriffs office for trespassing.

CD
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.

BTW, told my cousin to go to Wally World.  She didn't know what that was.  Unlike me, she's too high class (retired Air Force).
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#7]
If they don’t want to mark the property and someone is hunting it, they can make contact with the hunters and tell them they are trespassing. The next time the game wardens can handle it. I would video the contact if it’s done that way.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Cousin is marking her property w/purple paint.   She went fancy and is buying spray paint.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#9]
yep, in the process of purple painting our 30 acres in Graham county.  don't mind the hunters, just hate their packs of dogs they use to run down game.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cousin is marking her property w/purple paint.   She went fancy and is buying spray paint.
View Quote

Ja tell her to tape it off, so not to get over spray on tree ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top