Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2022 4:55:27 AM EDT
Anyone know of any in the north Florida area?  Most of the hunting clubs I’ve spoken with don’t allow hunting at night and look at me cross-eyed when I tell them I use night vision/thermal.  Does anyone know of anywhere that will allow me to hunt their club and/or property?  I can get my own insurance etc too if needed.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The problem you are going to have with night hunting on a hunt lease, and it's a legitimate one, is the guys who don't night hunt don't want you out there after dark disrupting the patterns of the other game animals.

How would you feel knowing just a few hours earlier, a guy was walking or driving around near your stand? Especially if you're seeing a nice buck on your camera.

That's why I'm glad I have access to thousands of acres for night hunting as well as my own property with an adjoining lease. I can night hunt all I want on one place and then deer hunt daytime hours later on w/o the disruption factor.

You are going to be extremely limited on leases when it comes to night hunting.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Bob makes all the right points in his post above.  Like him, I am also happy and fortunate that between us we have several places to get out at night because it is not an easy thing to do if you don’t have your own land or permission from private landowners.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem you are going to have with night hunting on a hunt lease, and it's a legitimate one, is the guys who don't night hunt don't want you out there after dark disrupting the patterns of the other game animals.

How would you feel knowing just a few hours earlier, a guy was walking or driving around near your stand? Especially if you're seeing a nice buck on your camera.

That's why I'm glad I have access to thousands of acres for night hunting as well as my own property with an adjoining lease. I can night hunt all I want on one place and then deer hunt daytime hours later on w/o the disruption factor.

You are going to be extremely limited on leases when it comes to night hunting.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Had a buddy take me on a hunt there. 10/10 would recommend, and they are great people. Used their rifle with thermal and brought our nods.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Had a buddy take me on a hunt there. 10/10 would recommend, and they are great people. Used their rifle with thermal and brought our nods.
View Quote

Glad to hear that. I will probably do my first hog hunt with them. Soon I hope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top