Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2021 11:01:18 AM EDT

I will be traveling to Pennsylvania in July to go shooting with friends. I will be bringing a few guns including a handgun, .50BMG rifle and NFA items (w/ my f1,f4,f20). All of it will be transported unloaded, cased and out of reach from the passenger compartment.

However, IF I am pulled over, is there a duty to inform the LEO that I am transporting any of those guns? My plan is to drive carefully and follow the speed limits but anything can happen along the way.

Any other PA firearms rules and regulations I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no duty to inform. If nothing firearm related can be seen during a traffic stop, no reason to even bring it up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is no duty to inform. If nothing firearm related can be seen during a traffic stop, no reason to even bring it up.
View Quote

Bingo.

If you have some spare time and are looking for some things to do there are a lot of ideas in this thread
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Road-Trip-Through-Penn-/14-653463/
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What area of Pa you visiting, and what .50bmg???
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What area of Pa you visiting, and what .50bmg???
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
What they said.  PA has some *excellent* firearm laws....which include pre-emption, very easy CCW for non-scumbags, and pretty much hands off otherwise.

Watch out for those spicy SLAP rounds.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I thank all of you for your response.

One more thing, how is the gasoline supply? Should I have any concerns about stations being out of product?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thank all of you for your response.

One more thing, how is the gasoline supply? Should I have any concerns about stations being out of product?
View Quote

I don't think you'll have any problems finding gas. I never saw any shortages.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I havent seen a gas station out of gas yet. Currently $3.15 a gallon in the York/Adam's county area(south central PA)
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Gun laws are good. No duty to inform. Gas is plentiful.
Try some pot pie.

(Real pot pie. Not that crap in a tin. )
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#10]
What part of PA.

I sometimes have a spare couch if needed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
The Trop Gun Store in Elizabethtown has boxes of .50 BMG in stock.
Plenty of guns, not so much in ammo.

(Was at their store today.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top