Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2020 8:42:12 AM EDT
I see they're opening back up on the 16th.  Might grab a hotel for a few days.  Anyone familiar with the situation on the ground there?  Grocery stores, restaurants, bait shops etc.?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Forgot to add - I'm NOT from NY, NJ, MA, CT, PA, MD or DE if that helps
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I am on the south end of the OBX, Topsail Island. We are just starting to come back open. This last weekend the beaches were pretty crowded.We have a fishing charter scheduled for next week, a birthday present for my wife. This is the lady that’s been five years on the high seas as ships cook to a bunch of scallop fishermen. The girl can cook!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MikeSH:
I am on the south end of the OBX, Topsail Island. We are just starting to come back open. This last weekend the beaches were pretty crowded.We have a fishing charter scheduled for next week, a birthday present for my wife. This is the lady that’s been five years on the high seas as ships cook to a bunch of scallop fishermen. The girl can cook!
View Quote

That sounds awesome.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Stores and baitshops have been open and ready for visitors. Hotels are filling up fast. Gotta feeling it might be a little busy. Everyone will be in a good mood though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rayray1:
Stores and baitshops have been open and ready for visitors. Hotels are filling up fast. Gotta feeling it might be a little busy. Everyone will be in a good mood though.
View Quote

Everyone except the locals that have had a stick up their ass the entire time this has been going on... i.e. those that have been calling the cops on stores that are open, and any time they see people less than 6 feet apart..
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
If those “locals” are Karen’s they’re probably not locals, at least that’s the case in WNC.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Any Updates?  We are heading down to Hatteras next weekend
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Wasnt crowded last weekend surprisingly.  About 50-60% of businesses were open.  Cape point campground is closed due to flooding.   The beach ramps at Cape Point are still open. No reports of peaceful protestng either.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got back from a four day weekend there.  Most shops are open and have a notice that masks are required.  None of them enforced it EXCEPT the nazis at that ABC stores.  The guy at the ABC store literally screamed at me when I walked in without a mask and told me to leave.  I looked at him and simply said, "Lighten up Francis."  He was not amused.

About half of the restaurants are only open for take out.  There are some that are having indoor seating but are spacing tables six feet apart, making for very long wait times for tables.  The beaches were pretty crowded this past weekend and no one seemed to care about all the "social distancing" signs.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Headed down to Waves next weekend with the family.  Any issues with bringing an ar pistol and loaded 30 rd mags along for the ride in addition to my normal ccw g45?

I just read through a bunch of pdfs posted by the NC Sherrff's Association and it sounds like my VA CHP covers both g45 and ar pistol as concealed handguns, so no additional transport rules or requirements.  Can anyone verify?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a lady just on the OBX side of the main bridge today holding up a sign that said "Your Vacation Our Death"

OBX Locals always keeping it classy...
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#12]
We're better to visit than Charlotte bring it on...
we want your money!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#13]
My parents live in Southern Shores and indicated the traffic is crazy this year. It took one of their neighbors 4.5 hours to go from the north side of the Currituck Bridge to East Dogwood Trail, which is normally a 5-10 drive.

I told my parents I'll see them in the winter.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#14]
My family and I are headed to Ocracoke for our annual vacation at the end of July.  Anything special we need to know about?  How’s the Variety Store stocked?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#15]
We were in Hatteras 2 weeks ago.  Stores were stocked well.  We took some toiletries etc, but had no issue finding what we needed
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#16]
We're heading to Salvo in a week.

What can we expect?
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Cottages that want to be booked are. Supplies and groceries  are well stocked at the nearby FoodLion store.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What can we expect?
View Quote

You should have set up a BB beach hike.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What can we expect?

Hmmmm....

Anybody available during the week?

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hmmmm....

View Quote

Gonna be around the weekend of the 18-19th?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmm....

Nope. Gotta check out on the 18th and head home.

Actually, I really need to head home on Thursday for work, but I can't seem to find any car rental places that allow one way rentals down there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top