Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2021 12:10:26 AM EDT
Just interviewed for a job in South Raleigh.  Been looking to move from a commie northern state to a free state...

But I'm scared NC is going the way of Virginia...  I have family north of Raleigh but should I worry that the states gunna go more and more blue?
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I say there is a 50/50 it will go either way. A lot of folks moving in that vote hard D. But also some moving in like yourself looking to get out the big cities.

To a degree NC counties can have a bigger effect on day to day stuff than the state does. Currently the county sheriff decides how hard and what hoops you have to jump thru to get permits and CCW. Also things like how close you can shoot to homes, business, churches, schools...

But, like most places, find land/ building a house/ buy a house is crazy right now
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Purple.  Getting diluted with transient liberals like most places.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thnx for the feedback.  As I said, I have some family, so it makes the move easier, but if I uproot, I'd prefer to only do it once...
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The influx of Yankees is likely to turn it dark blue in the next few election cycles.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
That's really not necessary, and not welcome in the HTF. - DJ
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Ya'll act the only democrats are the ones that move here. There are plenty of home grown ones too. Luckily a some of them move to the cities in other states.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
yes encourage all liberals to move north..
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I’d say it’s definitely going purple here in the Onslow/Pender county region.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d say it’s definitely going purple here in the Onslow/Pender county region.
View Quote

I think its Hampstead and the Wilmington overflow that is moving into Hampstead helping that along.

As far as the Pender end of things.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]
yes in hampstead and wilm. you are getting nyers and people from Chicago buying up houses 30% more than what they are going for..

People in the area don't understand the cost of living in the north so what they are paying is still cheaper than what they came from.

I wish they would leave there liberal views in the north instead of taking them with them.. the same outcome will happen here as it did up there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I would love to move across the state line and vote for hard right conservatives but the county I would prefer to live in is allowing developers to build $300k+ houses as hard and as fast as they can so the leftists from my same area can move down and change the county from a semi-rural one in to a suburb of the cities right above it.

It sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top