Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2018 1:15:26 AM EDT
Eyeballing some pretty good acreage a little NW of the lake, we love the people (friendly like most Southerners), the laws, the mountains and the area, just want to get a feel for what y’all think. We are in the FL Keys and in the country of the Panhandle and would be spending April to early November up there. For those of you who don’t know FL, the Panhandle is extremely red and the Keys are red outside of Key West and that’s just the way we like it. Very much so independent people and very 2A friendly. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It's wonderful, but getting busy.
Coeur d'Alene has been listed too many times as the place to go.
Heavy tourism in the summer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotcha, thanks. We were there just a couple weeks ago and it seemed like it was touristy, but not nearly as bad as I’d anticipated; that’s all relative though, I remember when the Keys were pretty much empty too.

So the people moving there, are they assimilating or are they of the mentality of their place of residence is so shot and getting ruined, but I’ll move to CDA and fuck that up too? Or do they assimilate to the deep red and 2A-friendly Idaho I’m looking for? Thanks again for the response, I’m just a little concerned as I’m seeing it happen here, thanks to the yankees up north.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#3]
North of Hayden is a cool place as long as you don't have to try to drive through town everyday.  Still, local traffic is nothing compared to what city folks have to deal with.

The CdA/Hayden/Post Falls/Rathdrum and the prairie areas are exploding with new construction everywhere.

I'd say transplants around here might be in the neighborhood of 2 conservative to 1 shithead.  Like another poster said, this area has been getting lots of good press and I think has now been officially "discovered."

It's a fantastic area, but like everywhere else, the cancer will eventually ruin this place as well.  The symptoms are already apparent if you care to look.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
North of Hayden is a cool place as long as you don't have to try to drive through town everyday.  Still, local traffic is nothing compared to what city folks have to deal with.

The CdA/Hayden/Post Falls/Rathdrum and the prairie areas are exploding with new construction everywhere.

I'd say transplants around here might be in the neighborhood of 2 conservative to 1 shithead.  Like another poster said, this area has been getting lots of good press and I think has now been officially "discovered."

It's a fantastic area, but like everywhere else, the cancer will eventually ruin this place as well.  The symptoms are already apparent if you care to look.
View Quote
Man, there has GOT to be a place left for the rest of us that isn't gonna get swallowed whole by these asshats, man do they suck. Oh, my place got so shot with all the people I think I'll come to your hood and jam you up too!

You think ID will hang on as a strong hold?

Time for this thing to kick off and split them from the rest of us, it's not amicable anymore, let's just admit it; we need our separate quarters, they can have their dystopia and we'll take the free states.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
You're welcome!

Good luck with the move!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top