Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2020 2:24:07 PM EDT
We had a guy show up sick Monday. He was sent home and told not to return until cleared.

Another guy on Tuesday left, he's not sick (yet?) but his girlfriend is. Don't know with what, symptoms reportedly lined up with corona. Or a cold. Or the flu.

One guy left Wednesday, but we think he's just full of shit.

Another last night, his roommates were instructed to get tested this weekend.

They're all early to mid 20's

How about you guys?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 2:58:38 AM EDT
[#1]
None that I know of. But again, they made us work from home last week.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Two were sent home last week with flu-like symptoms, and both ride in same commuter van.  One I've known since 2004.

Not sure what they have in this case (it *is* the flu season after all, and that may be all it is), but there are more COVID-19 cases in the Treasure Valley than being reported.  I don't think that's any secret, though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#3]
All of them .  I work at Boise State and my last day on campus was 3/13.  I had already started preparing our department to move our courses & operations online March 2nd, so our transition went fairly well.  We will be working remotely for the unforeseeable future.  They really don't want people on campus, the buildings have been closed to the public, and I can only get into my building with key-card access.  Most students have chosen to leave the residence halls, and they have essentially shut those down, and are helping relocate students.  They are really good and accommodating.  

The downside, is that the children's center is also closed, so my son is home and Boise schools are out until ???  My wife is working from home as well (state employee) but her work is much more strict about telecommuting.  I tend to put in a few hours in the morning, and a couple around noon/naptime and then a few hours after the kids go to bed.  We're pretty well stocked here, just started our seeds for the garden yesterday!
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
All of mine were sent home.  Almost all of us work remotely part of the time, so not a big deal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All of mine were sent home.  Almost all of us work remotely part of the time, so not a big deal.
View Quote

This has been my boss' dream come true, though obviously not under the current circumstances. He'd been advocating for working from home for years. Now we are forced to do it. It's taken some adjustment but I'm glad that the technology we have access to allows for this with relative ease. Imagine if this had happened 15 years ago? Slower internet speeds, underpowered computers, smaller and lower resolution monitors, no smartphones, no live streaming, no Netflix or Spotify, no Amazon prime, no eBooks, no food delivery like Uber, Grubhub, Postmates, or Door Dash. List goes on and on. I mean at least we will survive. And a whole heck of a lot better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
First day of working from home today. Already losing my freaking mind! Got one more gun to deep clean and then have no clue what I'm gonna do. Will start "work" at 0 dark thirty tomorrow morning so as soon as the "off work" clock chimes, I'm gonna go get some whistle pig trigger time. Will see what kind of "social distance" I can wack them at!
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to work from home. But, the boss won't let me carry away one of the Mori NL's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top