Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2023 11:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy]
Thinking of moving to Wisconsin, osceola area and working in MN in Chisago County.

Many of my co workers do this and i want to get out of here before the gun control gets worse.

am I wrong that it will only take one or two more election cycles before the cities take over?

Other questions:
Are machine guns permitted?
Silencers?
Whats a yearly registration cost like on a new vehicle?

Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:

Other questions:
Are machine guns permitted?
Silencers?
Whats a yearly registration cost like on a new vehicle?

View Quote
Machine guns are allowed as all other NFA toys. I think machine guns need an extra step (cleo sign off) because of WI laws.

Yearly vehicle registration is $85 for autos, $100 for a or b truck plates (half ton weights) mainly. $106 for c truck. Goes up for larger trucks. $23 for motorcycles & mopeds every even year. Some areas have a wheel tax also.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
With the rate of MN idiots moving into WI I'm guessing not to long. Can't take care of things in your own state move and wreck the new one.

Plate depend on location. The county I'm in has an extra 30 buck wheel tax and the liberal city has a 25 buck tax. So add 55 bucks to the state price. All to drive on some of the worse roads in the state.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
WI will be IL/MN in no time. People flee the areas they don't like, but want the same things they had. They fail to understand that those things led to their homes turning to shit in the first place, and their new home inevitably turns to shit.

Wisconsin's machinegun law is a soup sandwich of questionable legal standing and meaning. ATF's latest interpretation is that you need an authorization letter from a sheriff or chief of police for a MG. ATF previously held that this same wording meant that all machineguns were legal, period.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 9:04:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rfb45colt] [#4]
FWIW... Other than the Dem Guv & Att Gen, and U.S. Senate seats of one Repub & one Dem being equal, WI leans heavily Repub in most other elected officials. WI State Senate has 33 seats. Only 11 are currently held by Dems, Repubs hold a 2 to 1, veto-override majority with 22. WI State Assembly has 99 seats. Repubs currently hold 64. 66 would be a veto-override (2/3rds) majority. The Repub majority actually increased in last election.

There are 8 U.S. House seats in WI. 6 are currently held by Repubs, 2 are Dems (Madison & Milwaukee of course...that'll never change), 75% "R". They didn't get elected by libturds in rural areas. So not all is doom & gloom...yet. OTOH... The WI Supreme Court has 7 members. As of Tuesday, the libs took a 4-3 advantage in what is supposed to be non-partisan. That's what I'd call "danger close"...

The good news on the home front up north, I deal with a lot of the new "immigrants" from other states (mostly Ill., and the rest mostly come from S.E. WI/Madistan...or as I put it "Chicago's northern most suburbs"). There are more conservatives moving here to escape the city shit than there are Democrat-Commies... by a big margin, from what I've seen personally, anyway. As long as rental living spaces stay few and far between, and you need some cash to buy an existing house (also few & far between) it should remain stable. "Work from home" and the need for skilled construction workers has enabled conservatives stuck in cities to finally flee en masse. Nobody is leaving these heavily "red" areas either.

edit: Suppressors are perfectly legal, with the NFA paperwork of course. You can even hunt with one here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The end is just beginning.

At the time of the most recent Supreme Court election, I predicted that the first case the Democrats would bring once they controlled the court would be redistricting.

Guess what the first case is.

Yep, that's how they will try taking back the legislature. Once that happens Wisconsin goes straight down the toilet.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
It's been a couple of years, but while Wisconsin laws may be slower to change, if at all, a lot of border counties/cities population already have the Minn mind set.  Never realized how much till was having  cigarette in the parking lot of Burnett Co gooberment center nd some lady came out and started berating me for smoking "on the grounds".  Was well out into the parking lot at the time, and this was maybe 15 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been planning my exit since 2020.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Beauseph:
I've been planning my exit since 2020.
View Quote

Where are you planning to go run off to?? Cause the CA and CO liberals have the western states all F'ed up. Down south isn't any better. Maybe the Dakota's but imagine the other half of MN is going there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Our state is slowly becoming more and more liberal. I am in Burnett County and work in Polk county. The city folk that are moving here are making it worse.
Osceola area is not horrible but high traffic for swampies.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:17:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chipper44mag:

Where are you planning to go run off to?? Cause the CA and CO liberals have the western states all F'ed up. Down south isn't any better. Maybe the Dakota's but imagine the other half of MN is going there.
View Quote

Primarily looking at Idaho or Montana. Recently Alaska has joined the list after visiting there.

Staying in WI is a consideration still. I have an obligation which will cause me to have to stay for the next few years, which will really help in making a decision. If every other state is rainbows and idiocy, then WI is an easier move, and I have less to learn in order to homestead/off grid it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Primarily looking at Idaho or Montana. Recently Alaska has joined the list after visiting there.

View Quote

You know how most cheeseheads feel about FIBS? People in those places probably feel the same about us cheeseheads.

I'm retired, so my income (pension & SS) would be the same wherever I live. I own a home free & clear, no mortgage, so selling it would allow me to have the cash to buy one elsewhere, and live there mortgage free also. But I'm too darn old to be packing up all my shit and relocating my entire life.... or it'd be "Wyoming, here I come". But, I'll be staying in WI to the bitter end.... "from my cold dead hands" if need be.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#12]
Id say 25% of our workforce lives in WI and works in MN.

Might be good for you to get some of us gun loving refugees.

Coworker next to me used to work for Polk.  Id say hes mildly less conservative than me—which means he has less ar15s and less suppressors than me
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bigern26:
Our state is slowly becoming more and more liberal. I am in Burnett County and work in Polk county. The city folk that are moving here are making it worse.
Osceola area is not horrible but high traffic for swampies.

View Quote

Osceola is a liberal haven…

It’s like, Stillwater lite…
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 1:48:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rfb45colt:

You know how most cheeseheads feel about FIBS? People in those places probably feel the same about us cheeseheads.

I'm retired, so my income (pension & SS) would be the same wherever I live. I own a home free & clear, no mortgage, so selling it would allow me to have the cash to buy one elsewhere, and live there mortgage free also. But I'm too darn old to be packing up all my shit and relocating my entire life.... or it'd be "Wyoming, here I come". But, I'll be staying in WI to the bitter end.... "from my cold dead hands" if need be.  
View Quote

I'd imagine they'd take a Wisconsonite over a Kalifornian anyway.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#15]

I'd imagine they'd take a Wisconsonite over a Kalifornian anyway.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Not enough homosexuals…yet!
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I would NOT be adding to your homo population.

But i bring lots of cool guns, silencers, ammo, and a traditional family.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

Osceola is a liberal haven…

It’s like, Stillwater lite…
View Quote

Been a MPLs bedroom community for a long time...
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm looking at the Altai region of Russia. Maybe start a cattle ranch or dairy farm. The government is giving huge supplements for people willing to start in dairy industry.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KingRat:
I'm looking at the Altai region of Russia. Maybe start a cattle ranch or dairy farm. The government is giving huge supplements for people willing to start in dairy industry.

https://i.imgur.com/lIlWNgI.jpg
View Quote

Yeah and a huge bonus to join their military. Go sign up!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KingRat:

https://i.imgur.com/lIlWNgI.jpg
View Quote

I'm not sure it's great idea to move to a country currently at war.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By USMARINE1108:

I'm not sure it's great idea to move to a country currently at war.
View Quote
I've been kicking around for five decades. America has been at war more than not during that time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think there's been a time in recent history that Russia/Soviet Union/USSR has NOT been at war with someone or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top