Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2024 7:35:41 AM EDT
I have a bunch of AR parts and other assorted gun stuff that I need to get rid of. Is the Knoxville show worth the drive from Hartsville?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
There are usually a bunch of vendors with AR parts. You would probably be better off selling that stuff on the EE here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By handyandy:
I have a bunch of AR parts and other assorted gun stuff that I need to get rid of. Is the Knoxville show worth the drive from Hartsville?
View Quote

For me it would be no.

The other response is spot on.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The main purpose of me going to that gun show would to be sell a bunch of stuff that I've accumulated over the year and blowout prices and come home with a little cash in my pocket and no AR stuff to clutter up my house.

Selling on the EE doesn't make sense,  example, I have a bunch of pistol grips I'll sell at $3-5 each. I don't want top dollar, I just want the stuff gone. Perhaps I will sell what is leftover for a low lump sum to someone who does a lot of shows.

I'm counting on the fact that a lot of people go to gun shows to get stuff dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
The main purpose of me going to that gun show would to be sell a bunch of stuff that I've accumulated over the year and blowout prices and come home with a little cash in my pocket and no AR stuff to clutter up my house.

Selling on the EE doesn't make sense,  example, I have a bunch of pistol grips I'll sell at $3-5 each. I don't want top dollar, I just want the stuff gone. Perhaps I will sell what is leftover for a low lump sum to someone who does a lot of shows.

I'm counting on the fact that a lot of people go to gun shows to get stuff dirt cheap.
View Quote

If they're A2 grips, you'll be lucky if you can give them away. Not many people use A2 grips any more and those that do can get them with their lower build kits. Any gun show vendor who sells used AR parts likely already has more than they like to cart around from show to show.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, are you buying a table? If so, how much are they now?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

If they're A2 grips, you'll be lucky if you can give them away. Not many people use A2 grips any more and those that do can get them with their lower build kits. Any gun show vendor who sells used AR parts likely already has more than they like to cart around from show to show.
View Quote

They're not A2 grips, various aftermarket stuff, 90% of the stuff is quality parts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By rebel_rifle:
View Quote

According to the website, for gun stuff, the tables are $71 each, $100 each if you want to sell beef jerky and Beanie Babies.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]

According to the website, for gun stuff, the tables are $71 each, $100 each if you want to sell beef jerky and Beanie Babies.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Depending on how much stuff you have that sure sounds like a pretty good investment in time and money to travel from Hartsville to Knoxville, pay for gas, food, and a table. But that’s your call, and none of us have a real idea of how much stuff you have to sell.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Depending on how much stuff you have that sure sounds like a pretty good investment in time and money to travel from Hartsville to Knoxville, pay for gas, food, and a table. But that’s your call, and none of us have a real idea of how much stuff you have to sell.

View Quote

I'm going to do it, I've had tables at a few gun shows through the years and it's always interesting and sometimes fun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably be a waste of time, but the gun show is pretty packed usually.

Holler at me if you do go, I'll swing by and say hey.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
If you are selling good stuff cheep there is no reason why you should not do well at a show. A word of warning. Gun show regulars do not normally buy from new vendors. If you have good stuff at a good value they will buy, but not if they can get the same thing from a regular vendor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top