Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2022 1:34:44 PM EDT
Checking to see if there is a decent amount of foot traffic.  Thinking about getting a table there for taking electronic fingerprints for NFA transfers and providing the eft file
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that could be a viable business at a gun show.  The last Mesa show sucked donkey balls (it was on New Years Day, so that's most likely why) but the shows at the fair grounds have decent foot traffic.  

Your problem will be that most gun owners have no use for your product.  NFA is still a small niche in the overall gun world.  You would do best at the SAR show, but that has already past until next December.  You will either need to have a strong social media presence to drive customers to you while you are at the show, or set all your appointments for the gun show weekends.  

A table is $110...a relatively small investment, besides sitting at a booth all weekend.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Tucson had one at the Pima Fairgrounds last weekend.  I thought about going, but that is as far as my past disappointments would allow.

I am interested in hearing how that one went.  I drove by Thursday and one vendor was rolling in with a pretty good sized box truck with their sales set up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Im originally from Utah and even with the whole COVID stuff going on the gun show there was decent, since moving to Tucson I thought it would even be bigger, was I wrong, went to one at the convention center and was disappointed on how small it was and it seemed the majority of the tables were private party who dug out their storage to sell.  Went to the C.O.T.W show this past weekend at the Pima Fairgrounds and it was pretty much the same, not that much bigger walk through the whole think in about 30 mins, really disappointing prices weren't that much better than going to the lgs or internet, I thought for being in AZ it would be huge, maybe Ill check out the one in Phoenix next.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Tucson LGS has been pretty damn good this past year, dangerously good. Just hit them regularly and don't be indecisive.

I am glad I could avoid gun show disappointment once more.  The only thing worse than pawn shop disappointment.

I found guns at a farmers market, better deals than any gun show.  I bet I never see that dealer again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im originally from Utah and even with the whole COVID stuff going on the gun show there was decent, since moving to Tucson I thought it would even be bigger, was I wrong, went to one at the convention center and was disappointed on how small it was and it seemed the majority of the tables were private party who dug out their storage to sell.  Went to the C.O.T.W show this past weekend at the Pima Fairgrounds and it was pretty much the same, not that much bigger walk through the whole think in about 30 mins, really disappointing prices weren't that much better than going to the lgs or internet, I thought for being in AZ it would be huge, maybe Ill check out the one in Phoenix next.
View Quote

Good to know.  I haven't been to a gun show in 15 years or so.  I keep seeing the signs all over, but there's nothing I can't find on the net or in the local gun shop.  Actually I try to stay out of the local GS, as something I really didn't need or want usually follows me home.
Top Top