Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2022 12:52:52 AM EDT
My mother's mind is slipping away and I need 2 predators served. Do I just go to the local police station(Meridian) and hope they know what they are doing? Also what do I need to get a restraining order?

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe hire a lawyer?  The only person that is know of that got one got it pursuant to a divorce (chancery court.)
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Good timing, I've got to meet with my mother's lawyer tomorrow so I'll see if he can do it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Well now I know that it has to be due to domestic causes like a husband vs a wife and such so I can't do it. Ah well.

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

You may need to look at a conservator for her estate if she can't handle her own stuff. I don't know if that would make it easier to get a tro, but if they are after her $$$, the conservator would be in charge of it and would know better.
View Quote
I'm going to be gaining power of attorney over her and her affairs tomorrow. Thankfully we had a trust set up to make it easier for me to take over so I'll have maybe a few more options tomorrow, I'll look into that. Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
In the olden days, you would call them up and tell them that you will kick their a_s if they don't leave your mom alone.

PS: I'm from "Bloody Kemper" (just north of Meridian) and I know whereof I speak. Heck, my daddy probably would have just looked them up and kicked their a_s with no warning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top