Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2022 9:07:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:22:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlutealCleft] [#1]
The private property that exists inside of (but not part of) the national forest gets super busy.  But lucky you, there's still the other 95% of the forest.  Outside of the established campgrounds and private property, it's a huge, huge area, so quit futzing around, buy yourself a SxS already (or rent one), and go get at it.  In fact, you can drive your SxS from where you live all the way to Fishlake National Forest, so go buy yourself some camping gear and get ready for spring.  Here are some of the official trail systems, this doesn't include all of the BLM land where it's 100% GTG to drive your ATV/SXS.  In fact, counting in all of that, you could drive your SxS from where you live up to the Wasatch Front, then over into Nevada.  Go drive up through Panguitch, to the Paiute, then over to the Meadow Hot Springs and lava tubes, carrying camp with you and resupplying in the towns.  I haven't done them yet, but I've heard that some of the trails that go outside of Bryce canyon have just as good of views as the drive through Bryce canyon itself... so you could hit those with the kiddos, too.   You'll have a blast, and your kids will form memories of an epic adventure with their dad that they'll never forget.  Find a place in the towns to shower, and you could do 2-3 weeks of epic adventuring doing that.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/18/2022 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I grew up in Richfield, and spent a lot of my time in the mountains around there, and we go camping all the time on the Tushars, Cove, Monroe and fish lake. It's usually not very busy except on major holidays.  And even then it's not bad. We can usually find a secluded camping spot for our group. Having a SXS is handy, but not really needed. Next time get onto the mountain from I70 side, far fewer people on that side, and some awesome rides.

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Marky244:
I grew up in Richfield, and spent a lot of my time in the mountains around there, and we go camping all the time on the Tushars, Cove, Monroe and fish lake. It's usually not very busy except on major holidays.  And even then it's not bad. We can usually find a secluded camping spot for our group. Having a SXS is handy, but not really needed. Next time get onto the mountain from I70 side, far fewer people on that side, and some awesome rides.

View Quote

I grew up semi close to you (about 30 minutes north, and im not proud of it. ) and i agree. Pretty much spent every summer up at Fish Lake, and its very manageable but the holidays are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Avoid the holiday weekends and you should be fine.

It was not that long ago that my buddy and I went and stayed at the camp ground at Johnson Valley Reservoir on July 4th weekend and had the entire place to our self.  I heard it's been nuts since covid though.  I have not been back in years.  I wouldn't mind trying to get some of those tiger muskies that got into Fish Lake.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Marky244:
View Quote
I grew up in Fillmore (and played a bit of football and tennis against the Wildcats in Richfield). All the mountain range between our towns has lots of trails and four wheeling. Much less crowded.
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:

I grew up semi close to you (about 30 minutes north, and im not proud of it. ) and i agree. Pretty much spent every summer up at Fish Lake, and its very manageable but the holidays are ridiculous.
View Quote
Salina? Scipio? What's not to be proud of?
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top