Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2024 12:27:53 PM EDT
I got a text saying certain candidates were endorsed by Trump but I don’t trust some random text saying it’s from the Trump campaign.

Where can I find this info out? I don’t want to vote for any of the guys that went after Paxton.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Trump and ask him directly?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1stID] [#2]
Trump has previously endorsed Mitch McConnel, Paul Ryan, Tom Tillus, John Cornyn, Dan Crenshaw, and Mitt Romney.  So I wouldn't use his endorsement as any sort of gold standard for who to vote for.

Trump endorses about any GOP incumbent, to pad his "winning" percentage in endorsements, unless he's had a personal beef with them, like Kemp in GA or Cheney in WO.  If that person is a turd they'll lose anyway (like Cheney), otherwise like with Kemp, it doesn't mean much.

For open seats, there's no real method Trump or heaven knows, his organization, uses to pick candidates.  No deep dive into the backgrounds and political philosophy of the candidates, and how they'd implement their goals.  It's an opaque, Byzantine, and ridiculous process of trying to obtain access and attention from him, via various advisors, grifters, and hangers on, all also vying for Trump's attention.  And his detachment from it all leads his to post foolish things like how someone should primary Rep Chip Roy - when the filing deadline was months before.

Gotta do the work yourself to examine the candidates running for the nomination, and pick the optimal combination of who could be an effective conservative, and who can win the general election.

And linked below is a list of how Texas House members voted on Paxton's impeachment.  GOP votes were 60 For and 23 against, so there was widespread support for the impeachment.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/27/ken-paxton-texas-house-impeachment-vote/
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1stID:
Trump has previously endorsed Mitch McConnel, Paul Ryan, Tom Tillus, John Cornyn, Dan Crenshaw, and Mitt Romney.  So I wouldn't use his endorsement as any sort of gold standard for who to vote for.

Trump endorses about any GOP incumbent, to pad his "winning" percentage in endorsements, unless he's had a personal beef with them, like Kemp in GA or Cheney in WO.  If that person is a turd they'll lose anyway (like Cheney), otherwise like with Kemp, it doesn't mean much.

For open seats, there's no real method Trump or heaven knows, his organization, uses to pick candidates.  No deep dive into the backgrounds and political philosophy of the candidates, and how they'd implement their goals.  It's an opaque, Byzantine, and ridiculous process of trying to obtain access and attention from him, via various advisors, grifters, and hangers on, all also vying for Trump's attention.  And his detachment from it all leads his to post foolish things like how someone should primary Rep Chip Roy - when the filing deadline was months before.

Gotta do the work yourself to examine the candidates running for the nomination, and pick the optimal combination of who could be an effective conservative, and who can win the general election.

And linked below is a list of how Texas House members voted on Paxton's impeachment.  GOP votes were 60 For and 23 against, so there was widespread support for the impeachment.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/27/ken-paxton-texas-house-impeachment-vote/
View Quote

Thank you for the information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top