Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

House bill 3594 2023? (Page 1 of 4)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/1/2023 2:54:27 PM EDT
I looked through the adds and deletes but seems that that it adds some restrictions and increases fines? Is it favorable for our cause?

Does it take away carrying in parks and on public land outside of hunting seasons?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jlbs009] [#2]
It’s not perfect but it’s at step in the right direction in my opinion. They can make improvements later.

I don’t see that it takes away carry in state parks.

That is per SECTION 51-3-145, G. I don’t see it listed in the link above.

G) Possessing any firearm, airgun, explosive, or firework except by duly authorized park personnel, law enforcement officers, or persons using areas specifically designated by the department for use of firearms, airguns, fireworks, or explosives. Licensed hunters may have firearms in their possession during hunting seasons provided that such firearms are unloaded and carried in a case or the trunk of a vehicle except that in designated game management areas where hunting is permitted, licensed hunters may use firearms for hunting in the manner authorized by law. This subsection shall not apply to a person carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, and the concealable weapon and its ammunition.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a reply from Bobby Cox to an email about this:

Dear Jlbs009,
Thanks for the note and I totally agree. I’m the primary sponsor for H. 3594 and the lead 2A champion in the State House. I’ll continue to push for this bill to become a reality. H. H3594 has a hearing this week and is on schedule to be debated and voted on in the full House the week of 20 Feb. SC is long overdue in restoring our 2A amendment freedoms. All the best and God bless!

Respectfully,

Bobby Cox
SC House of Representatives
District 21 - Greenville County
[email protected]
www.scstatehouse.gov
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 7:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: somedude] [#4]
Link.   Heard mixed things about palmetto gun rights. But this link wants you to call penry and tell them to pass it.    Penry Gustafson 803-212-6040
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
House Judiciary committee is meeting tomorrow on the bill. Meeting starts at 230 or 30 minutes after the house adjourns.

Link to listen or watch is on this page.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/meetings.php?chamber=H
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It's DOA in the Senate, IMO.

Bad guys are carrying guns, regardless. Mostly untrained and with no problem spraying with their Glock switches.

This bill is only about 'good guys'. The intellectual side of me says "It's your inherit right". The practical side of me says 'You should at least have some basic knowledge/proficiency before you shoot yourself or others.' But that could be said about 1A and the press, and they continually demonstrate they have no proficiency and continue to do their thing.

I wouldn't mind constitutional carry, but it's not my hill to die on. I'd rather have a bill that says PSA can make In State Only suppressors and giggle switches, and it's none of the FAFTs business from there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Bad guys are carrying guns, regardless. Mostly untrained and with no problem spraying with their Glock switches.

This bill is only about 'good guys'. The intellectual side of me says "It's your inherit right". The practical side of me says 'You should at least have some basic knowledge/proficiency before you shoot yourself or others.' But that could be said about 1A and the press, and they continually demonstrate they have no proficiency and continue to do their thing.

I wouldn't mind constitutional carry, but it's not my hill to die on. I'd rather have a bill that says PSA can make In State Only suppressors and giggle switches, and it's none of the FAFTs business from there.
View Quote

Funny story how some states did that and the people that bought them were promptly arrested. But with weed and shrooms you ca. saw fuck the gov. It’s all about keeping the people unarmed and docile.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:29:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jlbs009] [#8]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

View Quote

I hope it’s not DOA in the senate, but that’s where it died last year.
You said it right, this bill helps the good guys. Even if it doesn’t pass the bad guys will still carry. So they should make it easier and not punish the good guy trying to do the right thing.

rights aren’t from man so I shouldn’t have to prove anything to the government for permission.  With all that being said I’ll keep my carry permit for traveling to other states.

Edit; it did pass committee yesterday and will go to the full house for vote soon
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Hugh Leatherman is dead.  

We get to find who run Bartertown now.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#10]
3594 had its second reading in the house today and passed 90-30.
According to the house schedule, it will have its final reading and vote in the house tomorrow.

Now we see if the senate will do anything with it…..
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully Senatwhore Harpootles stays otherwise occupied with that thing down there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#12]
02/23/23HouseRoll call Yeas-87 Nays-26 (House Journal-page 27)
View Quote

So less present for today's vote but it cleared the house.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jlbs009] [#13]
Bill was introduced and read for the first time in the senate today. Referred to the judiciary committee.
Contact your senators and the judiciary committee members and tell them to advance the bill.

Email the Judiciary Committee
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:37:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Messages sent
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jlbs009:
Bill was introduced and read for the first time in the senate today. Referred to the judiciary committee.
Contact your senators and the judiciary committee members and tell them to advance the bill.

View Quote

Bump
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Bump
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Bump

Another bump. Email your senators. This has been in the senate for over a month now with no action.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I see there was some Senate action yesterday.  The usual suspects showed up to call for blood in the streets and shoot outs at the OK Corral.  Just like they did when the CWP laws were being discussed years ago.  

WIS

Of course our ARF-family favorite WLTX headlines called it “So-called Constitutional Carry”. Fucking commies.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Tag.

Planning a trip through SC this fall, and it's one of the only states that doesn't have reciprocity with my home state, and doesn't recognize non-resident permits.

(Illinois is a lost cause, but at least they have "car carry" with a permit from your home state).

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Received and email from the NRA today. Last day of the session is May 11. Email your senators again.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NAM:
Tag.

Planning a trip through SC this fall, and it's one of the only states that doesn't have reciprocity with my home state, and doesn't recognize non-resident permits.

(Illinois is a lost cause, but at least they have "car carry" with a permit from your home state).

https://i.imgur.com/p7nVngK.png

View Quote

If you’re not prohibited, you can most definitely have a firearm in your vehicle in SC.  If you get stopped, I’d have it in the glove box (no holster on).  But you can surely have one
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Judiciary committee is voting on the senates bill today. Meeting starts at 3.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Any word on how this went today?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 6:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jlbs009] [#23]
Originally Posted By 20andOUT:
Any word on how this went today?
View Quote

Haven’t seen anything yet but they’re slow on updating.
I did see that SB 440 is having its second reading tomorrow. Looks like they’re updating the definition of the unorganized militia in the second amendment protection act.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/billsearch.php?billnumbers=440&session=125&summary=B
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Just got this email from the NRA:

The Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman used a flimsy pretext to 'hold over' S.109, the Constitutional Carry bill, at yesterday's committee hearing. Despite the thousands of messages sent by NRA members and second amendment supporters in support of the bill, the Senate continues to stall and drag their feet. Multiple members of the committee voted to allow the bill to be 'held over', giving the Chairman considerable discretion in when, if ever, to give the bill a new hearing.

This news is extremely concerning, as time is running out before adjournment, and no word has been given on when, or if, the bill will ever be given a fair hearing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Though I'm not actually surprised.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got this email from the NRA:

The Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman used a flimsy pretext to 'hold over' S.109, the Constitutional Carry bill, at yesterday's committee hearing. Despite the thousands of messages sent by NRA members and second amendment supporters in support of the bill, the Senate continues to stall and drag their feet. Multiple members of the committee voted to allow the bill to be 'held over', giving the Chairman considerable discretion in when, if ever, to give the bill a new hearing.

This news is extremely concerning, as time is running out before adjournment, and no word has been given on when, or if, the bill will ever be given a fair hearing.
View Quote

They named the guy who is solely responsible for holding it over and he himself decides when if it gets heard but I forget his name.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Any updates or is it dead?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Any updates or is it dead?
View Quote

At this point I’d guess it’s dead.
I don’t see anything on the senate calendar. No meetings tomorrow and the session ends on the 11th.

Typical senate screwing us over.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Email from the NRA:

The Senate Judiciary Committee voted 12-11 to pass S.109, the NRA-backed Constitutional Carry bill, and it has now been sent to the Senate floor for further consideration. This is a huge step toward South Carolina becoming the next state to recognize the fundamental right of law-abiding adults to carry firearms for self-defense without having to navigate burdensome government regulations. Constitutional Carry does not change the criteria for eligibility to obtain a carry permit, nor does it affect previously issued permits.

No idea if they can get it through. I don’t know if the house would have vote on it or if they’re similar enough to work. Not sure what the process is for it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice!  I'm glad to read it isn't dead.  Lets pray it makes it all the way!
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:19:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: somedude] [#32]
tommorow is the last day of the session.  so if it does not get a vote/reading or whatever if it is they need to do it sits from what I understand.   I think it has to get through tomorrow to get to the governor. If I read another article correctly.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By somedude:
tommorow is the last day of the session.  so if it does not get a vote/reading or whatever if it is they need to do it sits from what I understand.   I think it has to get through tomorrow to get to the governor. If I read another article correctly.
View Quote

Hope you’re right. Link to article?

Looking at the senate calendar for today, it’s up for its second reading. It takes 3 readings to pass.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Trying to remember what page it was on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By somedude:
Trying to remember what page it was on.
View Quote

Looks like they recalled the house bill from committee too. Both are on for their second reading. I would assume it would take a special session to pass the bills. Again; I’m not an expert on this so someone correct me.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sc-lawmakers-consider-permitless-carry-legislation-as-end-of-session-nears/ar-AA1b1KYC
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#36]
There hasn’t been a Democrat Governor in 30 years. Republicans have controlled the General Assembly for decades. Why are so many other states ahead of us on this? Are Republicans asleep at the wheel? Do they just not care? Do they not know how to “politics”?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#37]
We need some republicans to get elected. Too many dems and rinos for a southern state.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#38]
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/05/12/will-south-carolina-special-session-include-constitutional-carry-n70438
Seems like a special session will occur. The question is if they bring up the bills.

From the article;
South Carolina Second Amendment supporters are closer than they’ve ever been to getting constitutional carry across the finish line, but if the legislation doesn’t get to McMaster’s desk this year it will be because a handful of Republicans put up roadblocks on the path to increased freedoms and strengthened individual rights.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#39]
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/05/12/will-south-carolina-special-session-include-constitutional-carry-n70438
Seems like a special session will occur. The question is if they bring up the bills.

From the article;
South Carolina Second Amendment supporters are closer than they’ve ever been to getting constitutional carry across the finish line, but if the legislation doesn’t get to McMaster’s desk this year it will be because a handful of Republicans put up roadblocks on the path to increased freedoms and strengthened individual rights.
View Quote

Never underestimate the ability of republicans to get nothing done when they control everything. When they control nothing, they love slinging all the bills they can and saying they tried.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By rock71:
There hasn’t been a Democrat Governor in 30 years. Republicans have controlled the General Assembly for decades. Why are so many other states ahead of us on this? Are Republicans asleep at the wheel? Do they just not care? Do they not know how to “politics”?
View Quote

And it was Jim Hodges that signed off on letting us have stamped toys.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:

Never underestimate the ability of republicans to get nothing done when they control everything. When they control nothing, they love slinging all the bills they can and saying they tried.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

If they “win” they lose it as an issue.  I despise the gamesmanship with rights, but that is clearly what that is.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#43]
What do I need to do to help push this forward?  Just contact my state senator and tell them to get it done?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ChrisM516:
What do I need to do to help push this forward?  Just contact my state senator and tell them to get it done?
View Quote

At this point I’d say email everyone. Your senator, all the senators, house and even the governor.

If the senate passes 109 it will go to the house.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#45]

At this point I’d say email everyone. Your senator, all the senators, house and even the governor.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChrisM516:

Isn’t time up? Thought it ended last week.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Isn’t time up? Thought it ended last week.
View Quote

There will probably be a special session. Will they hear the bill in the session, who knows.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got a text about this bill from the nra. Had a link to contact my senators. So I guess it’s not quite dead yet?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Did anything ever happen with this? Looking at the bill tracker online it doesn't say its dead but it also doesn't give any update.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Seems like it’s dead this year. They’ve adjourned for the session. Both bills keep their current approvals and can be picked up starting in January 2024.

Got the following email from NRA:

The South Carolina 2023 legislative session has informally adjourned without a sine die resolution and has no plans to return this calendar year. Despite the adjournment, both NRA-backed Constitutional Carry bills, S. 109 and H. 3594 are still alive and will be pending on the Senate floor when the legislature returns in January 2024.

As a reminder, H. 3594 received bipartisan support in the House of Representatives, as well as the backing of Governor McMaster. In the Senate, S. 109 was amended to adopt the NRA's preferred language, resulting in two legislative opportunities to move forward in January. There is a strong chance that constitutional carry will be among the first bills considered when the legislative session resumes in January 2024.

Constitutional Carry legislation recognizes the fundamental right of law-abiding citizens to exercise their Second Amendment freedoms without unnecessary restrictions. Its passage would have South Carolina join 27 other states which ensure that responsible individuals can protect themselves, their loved ones, and their property with peace of mind.

We urge you to stay vigilant and engaged while the session is adjourned. It is crucial to maintain momentum and continue advocating for Constitutional Carry. Reach out to your elected officials, voice your unwavering support for these bills, and let them know that you stand with Governor McMaster and the NRA in prioritizing the protection of our constitutional rights.

We will provide you with further updates and action alerts throughout the year. Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you informed of opportunities to engage your elected officials and continue to put pressure on the Senate. Constitutional carry remains the legislative priority in the Palmetto State.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Seems like it’s dead this year. They’ve adjourned for the session. Both bills keep their current approvals and can be picked up starting in January 2024.

Got the following email from NRA:

The South Carolina 2023 legislative session has informally adjourned without a sine die resolution and has no plans to return this calendar year. Despite the adjournment, both NRA-backed Constitutional Carry bills, S. 109 and H. 3594 are still alive and will be pending on the Senate floor when the legislature returns in January 2024.

As a reminder, H. 3594 received bipartisan support in the House of Representatives, as well as the backing of Governor McMaster. In the Senate, S. 109 was amended to adopt the NRA's preferred language, resulting in two legislative opportunities to move forward in January. There is a strong chance that constitutional carry will be among the first bills considered when the legislative session resumes in January 2024.

Constitutional Carry legislation recognizes the fundamental right of law-abiding citizens to exercise their Second Amendment freedoms without unnecessary restrictions. Its passage would have South Carolina join 27 other states which ensure that responsible individuals can protect themselves, their loved ones, and their property with peace of mind.

We urge you to stay vigilant and engaged while the session is adjourned. It is crucial to maintain momentum and continue advocating for Constitutional Carry. Reach out to your elected officials, voice your unwavering support for these bills, and let them know that you stand with Governor McMaster and the NRA in prioritizing the protection of our constitutional rights.

We will provide you with further updates and action alerts throughout the year. Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you informed of opportunities to engage your elected officials and continue to put pressure on the Senate. Constitutional carry remains the legislative priority in the Palmetto State.
View Quote

Unless the SCSC strikes down the new abortion law passed but on hold.  Then it’s going to be another year of same old same old.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
House bill 3594 2023? (Page 1 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top