Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2020 9:39:17 AM EDT
Anyone ever shoot there?

Horton, KS is a very small town in the north east corner of the state (about an hour west of Leavenworth).

I rode by the shooting complex while riding my KLR 650 yesterday.

Looks like the range is open two weekends a month, but was locked up when I checked it out.

Thanks for any feedback you guys might be able to share!
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve shot there a handful of times, but it’s been several years now since the last time.

In the past when I’ve driven by, it’s never seemed that busy.

I’m semi local if you want me to try and find out information for you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Like you OP only ever driven by it never stopped.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve shot there a handful of times, but it’s been several years now since the last time.

In the past when I’ve driven by, it’s never seemed that busy.

I’m semi local if you want me to try and find out information for you.
View Quote

I appreciate the offer!

I'm only about an hour away, so no need to do a drive by for me.

I'll call to see if they are open/operating (suspect they are not).

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm on the board for the range and an RSO there.  The range is owned by the city of Horton.  We normally have it open the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month from April until November from 10 am until 4 pm, weather permitting.

There is a 50 yard pistol range for paper targets and we have some steel to shoot.  The rifle side is a 100 yd range, paper only.  Cost is $3 to shoot all day, $4 if you want to shoot steel.

If anyone has any questions, ask away.  As an RSO there, I can open the range anytime for private shoots.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm on the board for the range and an RSO there.  The range is owned by the city of Horton.  We normally have it open the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month from April until November from 10 am until 4 pm, weather permitting.

There is a 50 yard pistol range for paper targets and we have some steel to shoot.  The rifle side is a 100 yd range, paper only.  Cost is $3 to shoot all day, $4 if you want to shoot steel.

If anyone has any questions, ask away.  As an RSO there, I can open the range anytime for private shoots.
View Quote

Thanks so much!

I’ll certainly drop by and give you guys some business the next time you are open!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I forgot to add that the range will be closed until the stay at home order is lifted and the city gives the go ahead to open it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top