Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2018 3:15:01 PM EDT
I have a 5 year old Goodman 5 ton heat pump  unit on my house and it still has the remainder of the 10 year parts warranty on all parts . I have a leak on the inner coil and need to have it replaced so I don't need to have it recharged every 6 months . I need an AC repair man who knows what he is doing  and  fairly priced and honest and is authorized to get the parts from Goodman . I figured this would be a good place to ask . My old AC man retired and moved to Idaho last year, and I want to avoid flakes and half assed ac repair company's . Any first hand experience with good AC guys would be greatly appreciated . An added bonus would be is he is gun friendly and pro 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Mark and Amy at A&M Mechanical.
http://www.chillitaz.com/index.html

No idea about the pro-2a or Goodman authorization but they are good people.

Helped me out on a Friday afternoon a few summers ago when I got home and the heatpump was running...
Mark came out, checked it out, didn't have the board with him, went back to the shop and got it, came back, installed it, and did a thorough check on everything.
Charged me for the board and one hour of labor... Probably would have cost me at least 2-3x that much.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Who I’ve used 2x now. Good dudes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info , what I did was do a BBB check on them first as always . I can not say if the BBB info is currant or correct ,but it reported that High Caliber was no longer in biz .If this is not the case High Caliber should contact the BBB and have the BBB correct the info.

Better Business Bureau®

Español
Consumer Login
Business Login

Phoenix, AZ, USA

My BBB:
Better Business Bureau serving the Pacific Southwest

Reset

File a Complaint

BBB Scam Tracker

Español

Consumer Login

Business Login

BBB Events

BBB Foundation

Get to Know Us

Get Consumer Help

Get Involved

For Businesses

BBB News

Find

X
Near

USA

XSearch

Home
>Arizona
>Mesa
>Air Conditioning Contractor
>High Caliber Air Conditioning, LLC

Out of Business: According to information in BBB files, this business is no longer in business. Read More

High Caliber Air Conditioning, LLC logo

High Caliber Air Conditioning, LLC

Air Conditioning Contractor

This company offers residential and commercial air conditioning and
heating services.

P.O. Box 40249

Mesa, AZ 85274

http://www.highcaliberac.com/

(602) 680-9547

Accredited

This business is not BBB Accredited

BBB Rating

NR
•This business has no rating
because it is out of busine…

More Reasons for BBB Rating

Customer Reviews

This business has 0 reviews

Be the First to Review!

Customer Complaints

This business has 0 complaints

File a Complaint

Map

Overview

This company offers residential and commercial air conditioning and heating services.

Products & Services

Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Gas Furnaces, High Efficiency Filters

Business Details

Location of This Business
P.O. Box 40249, Mesa, AZ 85274
Email this Business

BBB File Opened:
11/28/2012

Business Started:
1/14/2006

Business Incorporated:
8/2/2012 in AZ

Type of Entity:
Limited Liability Company (LLC)

Alternate Business Names
Briggs Repair Services

Related Businesses
Artisan Air & Home Services, LLC

Business Management
Mr. William R. Briggs, Member

Contact Information

Principal

Customer Contact

Additional Contact Information

Phone Numbers
(602) 680-9832

Email Addresses
Email this Business

Products and Services

Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Gas Furnaces, High Efficiency Filters

Methods of Payment

Cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover Card

Refund and Exchange Policy

Lifetime warranty on our workmanship; parts and units carry their own specific warranties.

Licensing Information

This business is an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Business Categories

Air Conditioning Contractor,  Heat Pump,  Heating and Air Conditioning,  Commercial Air Conditioning Contractors,  Air Conditioning Repair
When I spoke to High Caliber I got a strange feeling about him  and his only phone was a cell phone that kept dropping calls and he never got back to me .So I decided to pass on him.

I did speak to A&M mechanical and they seamed very knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything to me to me.
I had some storm damage to my roof from the storm so I had a roof repair guy repair the roof .He said he had an ac guy that he uses that has an ROC# that he swears by . So I am giving him a shot and he is going out there today . He said he can do the job for under the price I have been quoted by quite a bit . If every thing turns out well I will post the name of the company here after the job
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
What The op needs is somebody that is a Goodman authorized service company.  Since his AC is still under warranty, He needs a authorized company to work on it.   I only did a couple of searches and found these guys Goodman  Since its under warranty, maybe they will have the parts you need.  I would not let anybody else touch it, because Goodman will void your warranty.   I bought 2 brand new American standard AC from a company from Peoria AZ.  Great people to work with, but when in the second year, one of them ate a Compressor !  and of course it had to be in JULY !  The local American Standard parts place was out of Compressors, so they had to get one shipped in (note it did take a week and I was pissed),  But they told me they could fix it right now, but if they R&R the compressor with a NON American Standard one,  I would lose the 8 years left on my warranty.  I elected to keep the warranty and rented a portable AC unit for 4 days until the part came in.  Yes it cost me $ but in the long run, it saved me more $ over the next 8 years.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#6]
They did my upstairs ac 3 years ago.  They did a great job.  But there webpage now points to another company.  So not sure what the deal with them is.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They did my upstairs ac 3 years ago.  They did a great job.  But there webpage now points to another company.  So not sure what the deal with them is.
View Quote
Business name changed when he got a new partner, but Will is still the man and my regular go-to for AC repair and maintenance.  Great guy, highly recommended.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been happy with High Caliber too. He was just here two weeks ago and fixed a shitty situation for me. Only charged his service call fee with nothing extra.

Edit: yes the name changed but same good guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top