Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2023 12:13:42 PM EDT
WTF?

These folks are going to scour the grocery stores for miles around

Probably a great place to score some weed though.  Just wear a tie dye shirt

Thousands of members of Rainbow Family of Living Light and Love arriving in White Mountain National Forest this July

Article pasted in spoiler.

Click To View Spoiler

Despite it being semi sovcit behavior, I do kind of like their stance on permits.

USFS Release.  https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/whitemountain/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD1114608

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Aight. Hear me out. Three words.

Aztec death whistles.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Great..... more homeless junkies to suck any and all resources out of every community they come across. The amount of "free shit" and resources that are thrown at these people is staggering. Drug addiction and mental illness is rampant among them.

Imagine small roaming groups of leeches that leave trash and shit(literally) and used needles littered about along their path. Your public safety resources stretched thin. Your food banks looted. Your elderly left with no help because these people consumed the resources meant for them......

That what these people are and do.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel sorry for the area's residents.  Also assume that every grocery store from Tilton north will be stripped bare.

I really feel sorry for the areas EMS folks responding to the inevitable issues there.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Berlin/Gorham has been a shit show.

These are not hippies in the traditional sense....tread lightly around them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmo371:

View Quote

and it hasn't even started yet

Concord Monitor had an article saying the cleanup and rehab that the USFS does runs between $500-700K annually.

These folks are supposedly known for picking up their trash, but that's about it.  

I'm staying FAR away in the Lakes and then western Coos.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#6]
USFS is everywhere up here.... saw a line of 5 or 6 USFS trucks heading towards Gorham on my way in to work this morning......lot's of conflict with the locals and the rainbow crowd. Its only the beginning.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Feel free to keep them over there.  We had them in the Bethlehem area a couple years back, they were a giant pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
If they think they're going to get a Rainbow Welcome from Berlin they have another think coming. That can be a tough crowd over there.
View Quote

It really is like stepping back in time up here 30 years.....we can be pretty set in our ways

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the heads up!

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw some likely folks hitchhiking on the Exit 41 south onramp today.  Chick with her thumbs up and stoner old dude sitting on the grass.  If it was just the chick, I might have picked her up--but kept the windows rolled down.

Dead smack in the middle of downtown Littleton is a NHSP presence and a little printed sign saying federal court check in.  I'm betting that is related.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FDC:
Saw some likely folks hitchhiking on the Exit 41 south onramp today.  Chick with her thumbs up and stoner old dude sitting on the grass.  If it was just the chick, I might have picked her up--but kept the windows rolled down.

Dead smack in the middle of downtown Littleton is a NHSP presence and a little printed sign saying federal court check in.  I'm betting that is related.
View Quote

Rumor is USFS/NHSP has been crushing these guys with tickets and arrests, so much so they flew a federal Judge into Littleton in preparation of the event.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Rumor is USFS/NHSP has been crushing these guys with tickets and arrests, so much so they flew a federal Judge into Littleton in preparation of the event.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Nice.

While I'm not really against their I don't want a permit ideal and I've got no issue with folks having mostly safe fun, these folks are a genuine hassle for the area.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Nice.

While I'm not really against their I don't want a permit ideal and I've got no issue with folks having mostly safe fun, these folks are a genuine hassle for the area.
View Quote

I don't really care about some hippies doing mushrooms/acid in the woods....not even a little.

While most of them might be just peace love dope hippies, they bring a lot of radical wackos, criminals, anti-government types with them........and holly shit if you say anything negative about them on any social media, or to one of them? They DOX you, follow people around, it can be a pretty wild/dangerous group.....with some pretty bad actors concealed inside an innocent message of peace.

Just steer clear.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Meh, those two could have just been Littleton locals.  I’ve been seeing a lot of absolute critters around there the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Detn8r-Red2:

Meh, those two could have just been Littleton locals.  I’ve been seeing a lot of absolute critters around there the last couple of years.
View All Quotes

Not wanting to open a can of worms, but what is with all the I guess African natives floating around there.  

Seems an odd location, but I run into them every time I hit that sketchy as heck Walmart.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#19]

I don't really care about some hippies doing mushrooms/acid in the woods....not even a little.

While most of them might be just peace love dope hippies, they bring a lot of radical wackos, criminals, anti-government types with them........and holly shit if you say anything negative about them on any social media, or to one of them? They DOX you, follow people around, it can be a pretty wild/dangerous group.....with some pretty bad actors concealed inside an innocent message of peace.

Just steer clear.
View All Quotes

Nice.

Just steer clear.

My experience has been extremely heavy on drug abuse and mental illness. These people will do anything to get that fix including going through you and or taking what they can from you to get to it. They often seem fairly docile when they are high and therefore content, ranging from social to barely conscious. When they aren't high/content they are extremely unpredictable and dangerous. Often they have weapons of some sort as well.

Just steering clear is very good advice.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#21]
How did Bike Week go over there this year? We heard lots of bikes (we're set back quite a ways from any roads) but didn't really see a lot of news about it.
View Quote

Surprisingly peaceful and respectful from where I'm currently sitting by Squam Lake on 3.  Read as bike noise all day long.  Didn't see a bunch of groups doing dumb stuff either.

I don't even think there were any fatalities this year.

Never got crowded out of my local bar either.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey no fatalities in a week was a crazy high standard to meet.

Somehow they did it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Local news articles have been saying that attendance for the rainbow crowd is significantly lower then expected.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Local news articles have been saying that attendance for the rainbow crowd is significantly lower then expected.
View Quote

We can thank the rain for this.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:

We can thank the rain for this.
View Quote

Yeah they already had their monthly shower and figured they were not due until next month
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Not wanting to open a can of worms, but what is with all the I guess African natives floating around there.  

Seems an odd location, but I run into them every time I hit that sketchy as heck Walmart.
View Quote

Littleton’s kinda the “big city” for the northern part of the state. You get a little bit of everything there.  That Walmart is sketchy as shit though.
The one in Woodsville is a little better.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Littleton’s kinda the “big city” for the northern part of the state. You get a little bit of everything there.  That Walmart is sketchy as shit though.
View All Quotes

Fave area Walmart is Plymouth--less scruffy Vermonsters, but unfortunately more greasy Massholes.  There is a physically disabled dude that works in sporting goods.  He's cool as shit and a legit gun guy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Fave area Walmart is Plymouth--less scruffy Vermonsters, but unfortunately more greasy Massholes.  There is a physically disabled dude that works in sporting goods.  He's cool as shit and a legit gun guy.
View Quote

I only go to that one about once a year now. When I first moved to NH (former scruffy Vermonster) that was the closest one to me, so I used to go all the time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Scumbags.
View Quote

They are.

There is a couple in that sub trying to defend them as well.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:08:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JCoop] [#33]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#34]

They are.

View All Quotes
Scumbags.

They are.

Shame on you both, don't you know that they're victims of society?

Yes that was sarcasm.

We as a society enable this shit.

We enable people to do absolutely nothing with their lives. To contribute nothing to society. To overdose over and over again and be saved only to do it again. Generations of people living off welfare and shitting out tons of kids who will in turn do the same and leech off the system their entire lives.

We have created multiple generations of snowflakes and victims. People who think they're special and don't have to follow any rules. They do nothing and shit is handed to them for free their whole lives.

It's only going to get worse until the whole system collapses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top