Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2023 5:46:01 PM EDT
This might sound a little odd, but I love going to Charlie Elliott's and hiking the trails.
  My question is, would I cause a stir, and have swat scrambled if I were to hike the trails carrying my AR?  
  Thx in advance
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Outside of deer season, I would say, yes.  You will definitely cause a stir and probably have a negative interaction with law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Any idea where I CAN go hike, and carry without causing a shit show?
  The reason is, 1- I like to hike, 2 - carry my rifle for anything big that my 9 will just piss off, and id like to practice carrying for a few miles for exercise and in case of zombies or bigfeets attack ??
 Location is east Atlanta
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The scariest thing in GA are the feral humans that populate urban areas.

You'll find few if any of those on Charlie Elliot and your CCW is more than enough for that.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any idea where I CAN go hike, and carry without causing a shit show?
  The reason is, 1- I like to hike, 2 - carry my rifle for anything big that my 9 will just piss off, and id like to practice carrying for a few miles for exercise and in case of zombies or bigfeets attack ??
 Location is east Atlanta
View Quote

Aside from private property, probably nowhere outside of deer season like a I noted above.  Unfortunately these days the Evil Black Rifle will get you unwanted attention if you stroll thru a public place with it.  

As far as 9mm, it is more than enough for anything you may run into that would require you to defend yourself against in GA woods around here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The national forest lands in Jasper County is essentially vacant this time of year outside of people launching kayaks in the Ocmulgee.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have hiked hundreds of mile of CNF including a lot of time on the Appalachian Trail carrying a large bolt gun with no issue.

I also carry it on Sawnee Mountain in Forsyth County and have never had an issue there either.

Good training for matches.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have hiked hundreds of mile of CNF including a lot of time on the Appalachian Trail carrying a large bolt gun with no issue.

I also carry it on Sawnee Mountain in Forsyth County and have never had an issue there either.

Good training for matches.
View Quote

You carry a long gun on Sawnee with no issues? Dang, that’s not what I’d have expected honestly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top