Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2022 4:34:21 PM EDT
https://www.fxrgc.org/rifle/high-power-rifle-monthly/

This Saturday is one of the regular bi-monthly events at the Fairfax Rod and Gun Club.  These are public events, you don't need to be a member. It's really awesome that they do this.  Only a $10 fee.
Be there around 0800, with squadding starting at 0830. Shooting begins at 0900.  You can shoot for score, just get well-sighted in at 200 yd or experiment with setup, etc. Either way you are only shooting within the four stages of the course of fire.   80 rounds for score, 8 for sighters.    Could either be three relays- shooter, scorer, target puller or two- shooter and target puller/scorer.

3/19 is the annual range prep day.  

To get the range in top shape for this competition we will have a work/shoot day on March 19.  The tasks to be performed are: servicing the target carriers (digging out the mud for clearance, lubrication), target building, leaf removal in the pits, and cutting back downrange intrusive vegetation, and anything else requiring attention.  We need an open bed pickup or trailer to transport targets from and to the pits from the rebuild area.  Depending on which of the above you want to help with bring your favorite hammer, hoe, rake, shovel, digging bar, leaf rake, blower, or limb cutter.  Glue and rollers will be provided for target refacing.  As a reward for your efforts I will provide a lunch of hot dogs, chili, kraut, and soft drinks.  Plus any other dish (desserts maybe?) you bring.

Following lunch we will shoot a 500 aggregate practice match at no charge.  
View Quote

If you plan to attend I'll share the gate code or you can contact the match director.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
A great place to shoot! If you can make it out, I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A great place to shoot! If you can make it out, I highly recommend it.
View Quote

Second this.

Dog training is the priority for titles this spring or would attend.  But would rather attend this though if the truth be told.

Personal lesson learned last time attending:
Bring 5 and 10 round steel mags and/or load your own mag.
Had a 30 rounder mag double feed/jam on me and lost out on the rapid fire exercise.  One ounce of prep goes a long ways.

Secondly is bring a spotting scope to see where your hitting at 200 yard simulation.  Was hitting low/right and didn't identify the scoring in time to correct the execution piece.

Thanks for the heads up, this is a great opportunity to go out and have fun.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I can’t make it this weekend but agree it is very cool of them.

[b]Quoted:

It's really awesome that they do this.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
for those that like to shoot High Power / Service rifle,

rrpc (rrpc.org) has a short range (100 yrd) match on the first saturday of the month, almost every month,  
usually 50 round matches, unlimited sighters,

very relaxed format,  if  you are a beginner,

Cavalier does a match  once a month as well,

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminder for Saturday, weather will be great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top