Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2022 6:05:05 PM EDT
Hey Alabama hometown... I've taken a travel nursing gig at Jackson Hospital in Montgomery. I live near Destin so I'm driving up there at the start of each work period. My question and need is for a good safe(ish) hotel suggestion near the hospital to stay at for two nights each week during my three shifts. Any areas to avoid along with any good places to eat are also appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Jackson is a good place. I would honestly stay and eat in Prattville which is just a stones throw away.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jackson is a good place. I would honestly stay and eat in Prattville which is just a stones throw away.
View Quote

Thanks,  Prattville has come up in a few suggestions. This seems like the place to stay. If I'm looking right it seems the hospital is right off the highway correct?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct, 65 to 85 and then I think exit 2 or 3 but it will have the signs. Many places in pville to eat. I've not stayed in any hotels but one right off the exit, 179 I think.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in the Prattville area.  There are good hotels at both the 179 and 181 exits on I-65.  I've had relatives stay at the La Quinta Inn off the 181 exit several times and had no problems.  I recommend that one.

The area around Jackson is not the greatest area.  Be careful in Montgomery.

BTW, when we go to and from Destin, I usually go through Crestview, the Connecuh National Forrest, Andalusia and Georgianna to I65.  Its a good route to take.  Not a whole lot of traffic every time I've been on that route.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Jackson Hospital is off the Forest Avenue Exit on I-85, across from the Alabama State stadium.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I stay in the prattville area for business frequently.

Holiday Inn Express by the golf course is consistently the best one.

Stay away from "Avid" or Tru".

Home 2 Suites directly behind the Holiday Inn is good, too.

ETA: Make sure and go into "downtown" Prattville at some point in the evenings. A couple of good bars and restaurants and a good Ice Cream place.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I stay in the prattville area for business frequently.

Holiday Inn Express by the golf course is consistently the best one.

Stay away from "Avid" or Tru".

Home 2 Suites directly behind the Holiday Inn is good, too.

ETA: Make sure and go into "downtown" Prattville at some point in the evenings. A couple of good bars and restaurants and a good Ice Cream place.
View Quote

Good info, thanks all for the help....
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Another vote for Prattville
View Quote

I've got to get by your place on a trip up to deliver some overdue weller i believe sir.....
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey y'all after the first week up here the advise was good. I appreciate it y'all. My schedule is odd, Monday-Wednesday 11a-11p, but if anyone wants to say hey and have a late night truck beer at a hotel, I'll grab some crab meat.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Montgomery sux bro.
If it were me, I’d just pop in for work, and skip back to prattville.

Lots of trash lives around that hospital.
The mayor allows homeless to roam freely.
The cops are restrained.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top