Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2020 4:35:49 PM EDT
My wife and I will be in Jackson Hole in June for a trip she has with work(mostly fun and no work). The "work" portion is Thursday-Sunday and will have some excursions built in. After Sunday we plan to rent a vehicle and stay in the area for at least 4-5 more days before returning home. We will definitely visit Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks but was wondering what else might be interesting to see/do while we are in the area? Any can't miss spots?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I figured it would be expensive. We take a "4th of July" trip every year and it's figured into our budget so I should be covered there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
June is a good time for a raft trip on the Snake. Scenic float up in the Park, or whitewater trip down in the Canyon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
June is a good time for a raft trip on the Snake. Scenic float up in the Park, or whitewater trip down in the Canyon.
View Quote
Yep, a whitewater trip down the snake is definitely on the list. What class of rapids on the Snake?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, a whitewater trip down the snake is definitely on the list. What class of rapids on the Snake?

Thanks!
View Quote
3, 3+, depending on CFS. Should be high in June, and exciting.
I had no hesitation in taking my kids through the Canyon in my raft by the time they were 5.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
To the east of the northern part of jellystone are the beartooth mountains. The mountains and alpine lakes there just as nice as the tetons but totally different.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:24:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Raft the snake, ride the tram to the top in the village, go on a wildlife safari.

Hike to the lakes: Phelps for the jump, Taggart for the view. Rent SUP's and take them from string to Leigh.

Hike Snow King, fly fish, go shoot with JH shooting experience.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...go shoot with JH shooting experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Geez, that place is EXPENSIVE! $750 to shoot 150 clays? Is there a shortage on clay targets out there or something? Here that would cost about $150-200 with a very nice shotgun rental.

Quoted:
Fly fishing in the Snake and get your start on the Cutthroat Slam.
There's a good one, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I’d inquire about their machine guns. But yes. It’s all expensive, welcome to Jackson.

Quoted:
Geez, that place is EXPENSIVE! $750 to shoot 150 clays? Is there a shortage on clay targets out there or something? Here that would cost about $150-200 with a very nice shotgun rental.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No shortage. That's just Jackson. Hell, everyone I know that works in Jackson, doesn't live in Jackson, they live in Idaho. Because Jackson is so damn expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
No shortage. That's just Jackson. Hell, everyone I know that works in Jackson, doesn't live in Jackson, they live in Idaho. Because Jackson is so damn expensive.
I live in Jackson.

Combined family income under 100k. It’s been fun but yea housing and activities can be expensive.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's crazy high though. I expected some tourist level pricing but, I'm surprised at those numbers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's crazy high though. I expected some tourist level pricing but, I'm surprised at those numbers.
View Quote
Saying goes "the billionaires kicked the millionaires out".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top