Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2020 6:00:15 PM EDT
The Texas de Brazil.

Went there and it was pretty good. You can order off of a menu or the buffet with skewers I guess that's what it's called.

They come around to your table with skewers of meat. Then slice off what you want. They keep coming with different kinds of meats and different cuts. Steak, lamb, chicken, pork. Tender loin, riveted, shirt, ect. Leg of lamb and lollipops chops and chicken and pork tender loin. Buffet is really good too.  I'd go back. They lost money with me that night
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
$46.99
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been there and to other Brazilian-style steakhouses, and yes it is pretty good but it’s usually a given that you will leave those places miserably stuffed.  Not that this is a bad thing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
GTG in my book!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah it's good. Personally I like Fogo de Chao a lot better.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I just can’t eat enough to justify the high prices, but yeah, the food is darn good.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]
This was my 1st time. I really enjoyed it. But did my belly hurt later that night.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#8]
My problem is that I always ask for the end pieces when they come around. Flavor is unreal. Then I wake up the next morning, face sunken in, dry lips and making a mad dash for water. Totally dried out from all the salt.

But man, it's great when you're there!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I never looked at it like that before. But yeah your right. When eating at places like that. I'm thirsty as heck the next day among other things
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Just go to Charley's.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to Ipanema in Ocala (basically the same thing) years ago with my buddy and my GF/his wife.

I think I was legitimately in danger of my stomach bursting after we left. We were there for probably two hours and never turned that card over to the red side... sometimes a whole skewer would come out and not make it past our table. LOL
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Pretty much the same. Would say no that's enough. They'd walk by and I'd say...hey you did not have that an hour ago. What is that. Heck yeah I want some. Lol.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
We have a Rodizio Grill here.  Same idea, pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just go to Charley's.
View Quote

+1

or Burns
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Its a chain.  Great food, but a bit pricey for me.  I've been a few times for special occasions.

There is an Argentinian steakhouse, similar format, called "The Knife".  I highly recommend. Mostly in S. FL though, but they have one in Orlando.  You can look at their website to see if one is in Tampa area.

El Puerto Restaurant & Grill in Ybor is also good authentic food.

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1

or Burns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just go to Charley's.

+1

or Burns

Went to Berns not long ago. It was just not the same with all these damn restrictions in place. I felt rushed and to be honest the food was not up to par to what it had been in the past.

I ate at Berns about 3 or 4 times a year and at the Council Oak a few times a year. The last 3 years or so. Don't think I'll go back. It's just way over priced for what you get. Last time I went on our anniversary I dropped around 400.00 and felt ripped off.

The first few times was really nice but it's so damn loud now you can't hear your self think. Plus the dress code is out the door now too. I saw people wearing a t shirt and shorts in now if you want. It's suppose be a upscale steak restraunt.

But no flip flops yet. At least not when I went last. Plus did I mention, it's just so darn loud now. You can't even hear the person sitting at your table.

But Berns it's lost something some how. It just did not have that special feel to it that it use to have. Dining there was an experience that made the entire thing come together as being a special event. I just did not have that experience/feeling this last time I went.

The menu was shortened and printed on copy paper also. I do not believe I'll go back until the government let's go of the American people.

But hey people that did not experience it before this fake PANDEMIC have no idea what they are missing. You know what I'm talking about because you've been there before all this started.

Because it is just was not the Berns it was of ole.

No desert room either which I do not understand because you have private booths. Did not get that either. The mystic atmosphere is just not the same.

Been going to Berns for 32 years too. Since I was 27 when I married my wife. Never been to Christy's though heard it was good.

Oh yeah went to this Brazilian place because my wife's granddaughter wanted to go their on her birthdays. I'd do it again or try another. Oh yeah there was a Davidoff Cigars bar righttttt next door made it worth the trip right there. A drink and cigar after dinner

Link to the Davidoff Cigar Bar next to where we ate
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Texas de Brazil is solid. My suggestion, don't be a sucker. Stay away from the friggin salad bar. That is amateur hour!

My favorite steak place is actually Charley's across the street.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Stay away from the friggin salad bar. That is amateur hour!
View Quote
This is good advice.  

Also - Eat a huge breakfast, skip lunch and get an early dinner.  Stretch that stomach out and get ready to fill it with quality meats.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#19]
We have a Texas here but I haven't been. We did Fogo de Chau (same concept) for my mom's 80th birthday. Everyone else was done and the waiter tried to take my plate and almost got a fork in the hand. It didn't take them long to realize they could save trips by slicing off larger portions for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Across the Bay, just south of Clearwater St. Pete Airport, is Bascom's Chop House. Pricey but I found it to be excellent.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Went to Berns not long ago. It was just not the same with all these damn restrictions in place. I felt rushed and to be honest the food was not up to par to what it had been in the past.

I ate at Berns about 3 or 4 times a year and at the Council Oak a few times a year. The last 3 years or so. Don't think I'll go back. It's just way over priced for what you get. Last time I went on our anniversary I dropped around 400.00 and felt ripped off.

The first few times was really nice but it's so damn loud now you can't hear your self think. Plus the dress code is out the door now too. I saw people wearing a t shirt and shorts in now if you want. It's suppose be a upscale steak restraunt.

But no flip flops yet. At least not when I went last. Plus did I mention, it's just so darn loud now. You can't even hear the person sitting at your table.

But Berns it's lost something some how. It just did not have that special feel to it that it use to have. Dining there was an experience that made the entire thing come together as being a special event. I just did not have that experience/feeling this last time I went.

The menu was shortened and printed on copy paper also. I do not believe I'll go back until the government let's go of the American people.

But hey people that did not experience it before this fake PANDEMIC have no idea what they are missing. You know what I'm talking about because you've been there before all this started.

Because it is just was not the Berns it was of ole.

No desert room either which I do not understand because you have private booths. Did not get that either. The mystic atmosphere is just not the same.

Been going to Berns for 32 years too. Since I was 27 when I married my wife. Never been to Christy's though heard it was good.

Oh yeah went to this Brazilian place because my wife's granddaughter wanted to go their on her birthdays. I'd do it again or try another. Oh yeah there was a Davidoff Cigars bar righttttt next door made it worth the trip right there. A drink and cigar after dinner

Link to the Davidoff Cigar Bar next to where we ate
View Quote

I loved the old Bern’s.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top