Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2024 3:24:27 PM EDT
In the mall, no longer signed?  Checked 3 Belk entrances.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 5:15:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#1]
You mean, "Columbiana Center"?

Do they still use sniffer dogs? Tempted to put a tiny amount of smokeless powder/residue in my pants pocket and just walk around.

FYI:

https://www.columbianacentre.com/content/dam/rw-2/documents/mall-programs/official-rules/LPR2022.pdf
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Do they still use sniffer dogs? Tempted to put a tiny amount of smokeless powder/residue in my pants pocket and just walk around.

FYI:

https://www.columbianacentre.com/content/dam/rw-2/documents/mall-programs/official-rules/LPR2022.pdf
View Quote

Yeah, that place.

They had signs for dog patrols, never saw one.  I went in via the Belk Men store end no signs stating no CCW, notta, nothin', as my wife shopped I looked at the Belk entrances closely, all of them and never saw a No Carry or No Weapons sign of any sort.  They have tons of mall cops in the mall but no pups today.  

Hell, the dog would hit on just about any clothes I have on.  I carry everywhere except work so every coat I own has had a firearm in/on/around it.  Every belt has had a gun attached, my boots and shoes are worn around my reloading gear.  If I had seen a dog I would have just avoided it.  No pup on this Saturday afternoon.

My wife is shopping for a mother of the groom dress for my middle boy's wedding in March so I was tagging along.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

FYI:

View Quote

So how does that affect me?  I am not a criminal or under investigation, the entry and every entry I saw were not signed.  I broke no laws.  Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Last time I was there (probably a year ago?), Belk didn't have signs but there WERE big freestanding signs at the gateway between Belk and the main mall area.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tamlandbrick:
Last time I was there (probably a year ago?), Belk didn't have signs but there WERE big freestanding signs at the gateway between Belk and the main mall area.
View Quote

That’s similar to how Northwoods Mall in N Charleston is. I had to go there for the first time in 10 or 15 years. Went in through Dillard that wasn’t posted, and had big signs as you entered into the mall area.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:41:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#7]
I was there this weekend planning on getting some khakis from Gap.  Gap is closed...

There ARE NO signs stating no CCW when entering in any Belk entrance and there are no signs in the mall that state no CCWs.  There are signs for the gun sniffing dogs but there were none.  The sign doesn't say you can't carry, it just says they have gun sniffing dogs.  

The truth is, the dogs are gimmick and are only a sub contractor the mall has on retainer, and the signs are not binding because NO WHERE do they state you can't CCW.  

My take, Columbian Mall has quietly done away with their no CCW stance.  If I was challenged there would zero unlawful action I could be charged with.  I did not go through a "mall entrance" but, by law all entrances must be marked properly.  Belk is NOT signed and neither is the exit into the mall proper.

The entire thing is a non issue.  I will carry there with no concern in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top