Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2021 11:35:35 PM EDT
I have a few question about the Cowtown Range, try to call them, but only get an answering machine, and the website does not really help.
I live in East Mesa, just north of Queen Creek, so Tucson of Flagstaff is too far out of my way.
I am currently a member of both C2 Tactical and Rio Salado gun club.
I like to be able to shoot further than 300 yard public range or 550 yards high power rifle range at RSGC.

I understand Cowtown have a flat 700+ yard range with steel target, am I correct?
They have a range that are multiple targets, all the way to 1,600 yards?
They are members only?
Range reservation, based on available shooting bay?
Range is open to 10pm, do they have lights on the range?
On request, can I request to have the lights turn off (for Night Vision)?
Do I need to provide target stand and targets, when using their range?
Is the range worth the $420 membership fee a year, assuming I go there every week?

It is an hour away from me, I do plan to go there primary for my AI, but I can see useful applications for other weapons training.

Your responses are much appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
cowtown has some wooden shooting platforms and scores of steel targets out to 1000+ or at least they used to. Bring a friend to help you see your impacts

or better yet, go out when AZLRPS is shooting their monthly shoot at Cowtown https://www.facebook.com/AZLRPRS/ should be 2nd saturday.

or shoot square range paper targets at 1000 or 600 at Ben Avery http://www.desertsharpshooters.com/ something is going on this weekend i don't know what it is, next 1000 is thursday 28oct. next weekend 1000 is late nov it seems. everything Desert Sharpshooters runs at BA is open to everyone.

shoot good

Poole
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cowtown has some wooden shooting platforms and scores of steel targets out to 1000+ or at least they used to. Bring a friend to help you see your impacts

or better yet, go out when AZLRPS is shooting their monthly shoot at Cowtown https://www.facebook.com/AZLRPRS/ should be 2nd saturday.

or shoot square range paper targets at 1000 or 600 at Ben Avery http://www.desertsharpshooters.com/ something is going on this weekend i don't know what it is, next 1000 is thursday 28oct. next weekend 1000 is late nov it seems. everything Desert Sharpshooters runs at BA is open to everyone.

shoot good

Poole
View Quote

Looks like, I'll check out both AZLRPS first, before I drop the money for a Cowtown membership
The Desert Sharpshooter is also very interesting, since I am retired now, I can shoot on weekedays.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Cowtown multigun is fun. 3rd saturday of most months.

You can turn the lights off for nv fun- my husband and his friends meet for nv shoots frequently. But sunset is pretty late so they/we do low light and then NV.

The membership is worth it.

You need your own targets and stands for the close-range bays.

You rent a bay based on availability,  but you can stack them if you have multiple members (so like 2 people rent the same bay back to back for more time).
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 2:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can turn the lights off for nv fun- my husband and his friends meet for nv shoots frequently. But sunset is pretty late so they/we do low light and then NV.

You rent a bay based on availability,  but you can stack them if you have multiple members (so like 2 people rent the same bay back to back for more time).
View Quote

There are several reasons I am interested in Cowtown, long range shooting, close range quick and fast shoot, and ability to play in the dark.
I have both wood and steel target stands, plus 2 X 2 and 1 X 2 target sticks, I think I am set.  Next trip to LA, I'll grab a few IPSC and IDPA targets, plus some backing boards for my favorite Viking Tactical targets.

I was able to contact Bill, and is making arrangements to visit the range

Once I join, next thing in the agenda is to look for some shooting partners.

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#5]
How does scheduling range time work?
Is there a website with a calendar showing all available time slots?
Do you have to wait for your time to be approved?
How far ahead can you schedule?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sadly that last part is incorrect.

Your membership includes 2 hours each and every day based on availability. Beyond that you pay and can do a maximum of 4 hours in a day.
There is a calendar you schedule on so you know immediately if your range choice is good to go.
Right now the you can schedule out 1 month in advance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top