Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2023 7:30:34 PM EDT
As title said HB100 passed 6-4.  Might as well call it the suicide delay act...

On HB101 now.  The bill is a mess, changes that were supposed to be incorporated into the bill in the previous committee were not made.  That was brought up numerous times - not sure how the committee will react to this.

The .50 cal ban is still in there too, that was to be removed.

Like last time, I'm 99% sure this will pass committee.  The public comment section is a fucking joke.

Even the committee is confused is as to what is going on with the substitute bill.  What a waste.

Update - the committee will not be voting today because the bill is a fucking mess and too many changes have been made.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Where can I find the public comment section?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t know if it is transcribed anywhere….you may just have to watch the recording and listen to the people that spoke.  Some were repeat from the previous committee with roughly the same arguments.  It doesn’t matter how valid or convincing your argument is.  They’ll hear you, but then it’s like okay, whatever.

I just don’t think the committee cares and has their vote pre-determined before the hearing.  Almost all the anti-gun bills have been on a party line favoring the dems.

The committee chair was at least smart enough to not vote today due to the numerous changes in the bill that nobody seem to know much about or even have a chance to review.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I got an email back from Gail Armstrong, she said she would vote against it.....for what its worth

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know the status of theses bill's?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Fairly sure HB100 is sitting in the house waiting to for a vote, that can happen anytime now.

HB101 is starting to come back to life and the author has finally updated it with the changes the HJC required for it to receive a vote. It will likely be scheduled for that committee this week but is not on Monday’s schedule.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top