Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2018 12:47:35 PM EDT
Announcing the 2018 HALLOWEEN HORROR SHOTGUN MATCH at Phoenix rod and gun club.
Costume contest with prizes.  Come dressed in a family friendly costume as part of the fun of the event.

WHEN:  October 28th at PRGC.
Sign in is 830am, Safety brief is 9am. Safety brief is mandatory. If you show up late you will not get to shoot.

https://practiscore.com/halloween-shotgun-match/register

Members are $12, non-members are $15.

Parking is in the Practical Bays.
There will be 4 stages of shotgun fun. After main match, there will be a 4man team shoot off. Make your teams ahead of time, or at the event.

This is a birdshot only event. Bring 100-150rds of birdshot only.  Max shot is #6 @ 1350FPS. Super hot stuff is not needed. Calibration shotgun is a 14" cyl-bore 12guage using federal top shot 1145FPS #8 shot.

Expect 20-25shots per stage, using poppers, plate racks, Texas stars, knock down steel, and maybe a spinner too.  This is a fun match, not super physical (IE no kettlebells or tires to flip).

There will be a Hotdog cookout after match free for all who shoot the match.

Post questions here and I will answer em.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
BOOMSTICK: Any single shot, double, or triple barrel break action shotgun.

PUMP: Any pump action shotgun.  Max barrel length of 26” and max mag tube length of NO LONGER then 28” (measured from end of receiver to end of tube).  Iron sights only. This includes bead sights, fiber optic bead sights, rifle sights, and ghost ring sights (no optical devices of any type allowed).  No capacity limits.

AUTO:  Any semi auto shotgun with a single magazine tube.  Max barrel length of 26” and max mag tube length of NO LONGER then 28” (measured from end of receiver to end of tube).   Iron sights only. This includes bead sights, fiber optic bead sights, rifle sights, and ghost ring sights (no optical devices of any type allowed).  No capacity limits.

MEME-GUN: This division is for the new pump action drop magazine fed shotguns, and for the multiple fixed magazine tube guns. Specifically the Mossberg 590M, Keltec KSG, and similar shotguns with either drop box magazines, or multiple fixed magazine tubes.
No capacity or other limitations.

OPEN: No limitations on accessories.

ACTION HERO: Please read all division rules and break downs.
Any pump shotgun with a pistol grip or birds head grip only, or with buttstock folded or removed.  NO brace devices allowed. Iron sights only. This includes bead sights, fiber optic bead sights, rifle sights, and ghost ring sights (no optical devices of any type allowed).
Push slings are allowed.
Laser sighting devices are allowed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Meme-Gun....  LULZ

I might try the Action Hero with my Shockwave.....

Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meme-Gun....  LULZ

I might try the Action Hero with my Shockwave.....

View Quote
Be sure to dress as your favorite 80's action hero movie star.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I gotta find my sleeveless denim vest!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you HAVE to be dressed up to attend? And if you do, how much is considered dressed up? Just a mask or face paint or something?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you HAVE to be dressed up to attend? And if you do, how much is considered dressed up? Just a mask or face paint or something?
View Quote
Costumes are not required. Do whatcha like.  Some go all out, others do nothing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Costumes are not required. Do whatcha like.  Some go all out, others do nothing.
View Quote
Good to know, thanks.

Does everyone wanna try going for the same squad so we can hang out as a AZHTF squad? Or is that too girly? haha!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
BOOMSTIX HERE I COME!!!!! Busting out the coach gun for this!

Now.... what costume should I wear......

Ash from Evil Dead???? Nah to popular, need something else...
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Lonewolf McQuade I shall be...
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Signed up. Don't shoot my shotgun nearly enough, so this should be fun!
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Registered
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#12]
The match is already 1/4 full.

Don't wait to sign up!
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Couple of questions:

Is this like IDARM in the fact that it's a shotgun match only, so we shouldn't/can't where a sidearm through the stages?

Are the prizes for costumes, the match, or both?

It's cash payment at the location, day of? PractiScore says to check the email, but the email doesn't give further instructions.

If anybody is nw valley or far west valley and needs a ride, let me know. I'm talking within a couple miles of the 303 or along the way on the 10. Can't afford to be a shuttle service or anything, but willing to help someone get there if they don't have a ride.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Couple of questions:

Is this like IDARM in the fact that it's a shotgun match only, so we shouldn't/can't where a sidearm through the stages?

Are the prizes for costumes, the match, or both?

It's cash payment at the location, day of? PractiScore says to check the email, but the email doesn't give further instructions.

If anybody is nw valley or far west valley and needs a ride, let me know. I'm talking within a couple miles of the 303 or along the way on the 10. Can't afford to be a shuttle service or anything, but willing to help someone get there if they don't have a ride.
View Quote
Shotgun only, no side arm required, and we suggest you leave it in your car.  If a side arm is part of your costume, it pay remain safely EMPTY in the holster for the event. If you drop an actual firearm, it will be a match DQ for unsafe gun handling.  ANY dropped firearm is a DQ at all times!  A toy gun will not count as a dropped gun.

Prizes for costume only. Match is bragging rights, and more for the fun of having a costumed HALLOWEEN HORROR SHOTGUN MATCH.

Pay at sign in 830am-9am. 9am MANDATORY safety brief. If you are late and miss the safety brief you will not get to shoot the match.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#15]
match is almost 1/2 full.  don't wait to sign up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#16]
2/3rds full'd up.

Stages are designed for maximum fun and ease of doing wearing costumes. Sign up and come have a fun time!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
2/3rds full'd up.

Stages are designed for maximum fun and ease of doing wearing costumes. Sign up and come have a fun time!
View Quote
Any special themes for this year's stages??? Some zombie, stranger things, aliens, etc?????
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Any special themes for this year's stages??? Some zombie, stranger things, aliens, etc?????
View Quote
Stage 1 is untitled at the moment

Stage 2 is titled "seeing stars in 3.... 2..... 1.......

Stage 3 is titled "maze runner"

Stage 4 is titled "labyrinth"
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#19]
STAGE BRIEF FOR THE 4 MAN TEAM SHOOT OFF.

setting: 4 GUN TABLES with LOTS OF TARGETS in front of them.  A start box behind the tables.

START POSITION: All shotguns loaded on safe on the GUN TABLES safely pointed down range.
All 4 shooters standing in the TEAM START BOX holding hands.
Ammo and other loading devices may be staged on the GUN TABLES.

At the start signal, move to either left or right side of GUN TABLE, acquire shotgun, and engage all targets.

ALL shooting will be from the GUN TABLES. ALL SHOOTING WILL BE STATIC FROM EITHER THE LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE OF THE GUN TABLES ONLY.
Once a team member has picked up their shotgun they are not to move from that shooting position. Moving with a shotgun in hand is a team DQ!

ALL TARGETS MUST FALL FOR SCORE. There are no MISS PENALTIES.
FASTEST TIME WINS!
Any safety infraction DQ's the entire team. This includes moving with a shotgun, 180 violations, negligent discharge, or any other unsafe gun handling.

4 man team shoot off sign up will be at the event. Do not worry about having a team ahead of time. Make one up at the event.  Shoot on as many teams as you like. Its all about having fun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Per stage minimum round counts.

S1 20rds
S2 20rds
S3 24rds
S4 22rds

Bring extra for the team shoot off after the main match.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Only 10 open slots left for the match this Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#22]
For anyone heading to the match from the west valley, make sure to check closures. Looks like the best ways are going to be grand ave or the 17 due to closures on the 10. Also closure on the 17 curve might cause some issues on the way home.

Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Most enjoyable match of the year. Thanks to Paul, the staff, and everyone who came out and shot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you all coming out today. It was a hoot!
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Question to AZHTF:

Is there enough want for us to put on a shotgun match after thanksgiving?  Specifically looking at Sunday November 25th.

Call it the "The After Thanksgiving Turkey shoot".
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Question to AZHTF:

Is there enough want for us to put on a shotgun match after thanksgiving?  Specifically looking at Sunday November 25th.

View Quote
I would be, BUT...I currently only have a budget for one match a month, and depending on what the independence training black Friday training event is a couple days before that, I might not be able to. So if the black Friday thing is something I can attend, than no. If not, then I'd be down for another shotgun match to hopefully redeem my shitty performance a little bit!
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Question to AZHTF:

View Quote
Uhh. 1 shotgun match a year is enough for me. LOL
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Uhh. 1 shotgun match a year is enough for me. LOL
View Quote
Don't be a scared of the scattergat. Embrace it
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the cool match. Another one when its cooler sounds good. I especially like how we don't have to flip tires, crawl under tables, climb through windows or run 100 yards. I'm too old for that shit.

I'm scared to ask but are the results posted?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks for the cool match. Another one when its cooler sounds good. I especially like how we don't have to flip tires, crawl under tables, climb through windows or run 100 yards. I'm too old for that shit.

I'm scared to ask but are the results posted?
View Quote
Posted to Practiscore yesterday.  Should also be posted to the PRGC practical webpage as a link to Practiscore.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Some light reading about the fun we all had.

http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/ghosts-goblins-and-shotguns/recreation-leisure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top