Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/10/2021 2:19:44 PM EST
So my setup for working on rifles is not ideal. My 14.5" carbine needs small adjustments that I just cannot do until I get my workshop setup.

I have a G Mk16 that I just cannot get completely straight and I just cant seem to get the barrel nut torqued down. Also, the forward assist roll pin looks like a retard (me I'm that retard) went at it and I cannot drive it in. Is there anyone who knows of a legit dude or smith that I can throw $80 at to get this squared away?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:44:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:44:15 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Not me...but what part of the state?
View Quote

Charlotte or Boone out towards Asheville.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:14:50 PM EST
Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:01:46 PM EST
Id just smack it with a bigger hammer :)  when a project got to much for me my go to is R & B Rifleworks & Gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:04:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By EnduroBro:
So my setup for working on rifles is not ideal. My 14.5" carbine needs small adjustments that I just cannot do until I get my workshop setup.

I have a G Mk16 that I just cannot get completely straight and I just cant seem to get the barrel nut torqued down. Also, the forward assist roll pin looks like a retard (me I'm that retard) went at it and I cannot drive it in. Is there anyone who knows of a legit dude or smith that I can throw $80 at to get this squared away?
View Quote

Both easy fixes but not home, sorry.  Are you locking either the barrel or receiver down?

CD
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:20:57 PM EST
I don't know what he will charge but Baity's custom guns in Wilkesboro should be able to fix you up.
Top Top