Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2019 3:16:16 PM EDT
Talked to the guys at 2 of the gun stores I visit and they don't have anyone they would recommend to thread a barrel.

I'd like to get a couple factory Tikka T3 lite barrels and a green mountain .22 bull barrel threaded for use with suppressors.

1/2 28 on the .22
Probably have to do 1/2 28 on the factory Tikka barrels as well, if its even possible.

Is there anyone you guys would highly recommend?  The last thing I need is a botched machining job that causes a round to eat the suppressor(s).
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd personally just send it off to ADCO. If it's just the barrel, shipping shouldn't be more than $10.

They have done a great job with all my projects and are one of the best in the industry.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd personally just send it off to ADCO. If it's just the barrel, shipping shouldn't be more than $10.

They have done a great job with all my projects and are one of the best in the industry.
View Quote
This is the correct answer
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Jim Pixley does excellent work.
JP Grips in Pelican Rapids
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
He did my Ruger charger barrel. It's beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not MN but I mentioned it to my gunsmith and he said that Dakota Silencer does a good job and do it for a price that's difficult to compete with.  I believe they may also have a local office to help with the shipping.  Can't speak from experience so take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 4:11:30 AM EDT
[#6]
ADCO and Class 3 Machining are the two most often recommended in the other forums here and can be found on the Industry page. Class 3 even offers a ARFcom discount.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+2
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't go to ADCO, I've seen plenty of unhappy customers, as well as happy with them. John at Retro Arms Works is who you want to use, trust me. There are many threads here on ARFCOM showing his amazing work. He's cheap, fast and does the best work in the business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top