Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2021 4:30:09 PM EDT
Anybody have any suggestions for a gunsmith around Lawrenceville?  It’s for a couple older rifles, some ejection issues and trigger work needed.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody have any suggestions for a gunsmith around Lawrenceville?  It’s for a couple older rifles, some ejection issues and trigger work needed.
View Quote

One thing we seem to be short on is a general gunsmith.  We have custom rifle and handgun builders.  Guys who do custom work on very specific models.  And then guys that call themselves armorers, who may or may not be worth trusting to swap out your sights.  Years ago, a friend used a man named Rusty at David’s Gun Room in Norcross to replace some springs and refinish the metal on an already sportarized Mauser.  He did great work.  No idea if he is still there or not.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Sub'ed - curious to see if there's any good recommendation in the broader Atlanta area.  I used Brian Ott before and he was excellent, but he's now retired.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One thing we seem to be short on is a general gunsmith.  We have custom rifle and handgun builders.  Guys who do custom work on very specific models.  And then guys that call themselves armorers, who may or may not be worth trusting to swap out your sights.  Years ago, a friend used a man named Rusty at David’s Gun Room in Norcross to replace some springs and refinish the metal on an already sportarized Mauser.  He did great work.  No idea if he is still there or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not 100%sure but I think Randy may be over at Johns Creek gun range now? At least I think I saw here there.

I am going to have then bed my custom K31 stock so I will try to find out and update...
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Matt Lilley @ Spartan armory was setup across the way from Bullseye in Cumming. Not sure if he is still there?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Part of this is due to the fact that with a lot of older firearms they are just in bad condition, parts are worn, or in the case of less popular firearms, you can’t get replacement parts easily and may have to fix or make the replacement parts. A 10-15 minute job ends up taking 4-5hrs. Time is money and ppl don’t want to pay someone to fix years of neglect/damage.

It’s far easier to make an estimate on time/expenses for chambering a custom bolt gun, assembling an AR or putting sights on a Glock vs. getting into a special project. And you’re less likely to hear something like “175$ dollars to fix it? But my dad bought it for 56$ back in 1963! I just don’t want to put that kind of money into it.”
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know Rusty from back in the Atlanta Firearms days (1985-1990) but I have not seen him in many years. He was a great guy and as honest as they come.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top