Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2021 3:41:26 PM EDT
Texas ARFcommer here.  My wife's uncle passed away and left a sizable collection of guns and ammo behind.  His widow needs to sell them, but has no idea what they are worth, how to sell, etc.  I'm planning to fly out to The Villages/Wildwood soon to help her.

Are there any ARFcommers near that area that can point me towards either a local gun show or a dealer who won't rip her off?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m sure @bowhntr6pt will be along shortly and might be able to provide some advice.  He works in that area.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
As you probably already know... a gun shop is going to want perhaps 20% or more consignment fee, or if buying outright, give very little.

I work that area, and depending on what you have, I wouldn't mind helping you all out.

My experience with ammo and gun shops is they generally won't take it as they have claimed to me in the past they can't guarantee the source. So that might be better off being sold personally FTF, again, depending on what you have I am willing to help.

Bottom line... anything to keep the gun shops from taking advantage of her.

Feel free to IM me and perhaps we can talk on the phone.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You could post a list in this threat, I'm sure members could give you a fair vale and maybe PM you offers. Just follow the site's guidelines or ask for permission. My FFL didn't like doing consignments, but did them for 30% (I've seen 50% on things other than firearms) or he'd offer to buy them for a really terrible price. There are FFLs that will buy the entire collection, but again they are going to make money that could go in your family member's pocket.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm flying down on Friday, I'll try to get photos and a complete inventory.  He was still getting ammo/parts delivered while he was in ICU, she isn't sure what he has.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm flying down on Friday, I'll try to get photos and a complete inventory.  He was still getting ammo/parts delivered while he was in ICU, she isn't sure what he has.

View Quote

I work Friday night shift... feel free to reach out to me. Be glad to help. Might even find something I want...
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Im always interested in good used guns.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Leesburg, can help if needed. Closest gun show this weekend appears to be in Deland, not that close. Next weekend is Ocala, closer, problem is that neither is a good choice for the situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top