Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2022 1:14:35 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy gun shop in the Yuma area?

I’m looking for someone that can log in a firearm into their gunsmithing book while I’m in Mexico and be able to pick it up without having to do a transfer every time I return to the US. I’m willing to pay a reasonable fee for this service.
I am an Arizona resident and have an Arizona CWP.
Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
So you want to leave it with an FFL to have it professionally cleaned or even just 'wiped down' on an as needed schedule?

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So you want to leave it with an FFL to have it professionally cleaned or even just 'wiped down' on an as needed schedule?

View Quote

Yes, that about covers it. I would like to be armed on the trips between Kingman and Yuma. I would even be willing to purchase a firearm from said FFL if that would make them more comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Spragues, maybe?

Or make an arfcom friend that already lives there?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Spragues, maybe?

View Quote

Thanks for that link. Have you (or anyone here) had any dealings with them? I will send them an email.

I thought about asking if there were any ARF members here that could help. I figured
after the second message “Hey bud, I’m coming through Yuma sometime between noon and 4. Could you be home around that time so I can pick up my guns”, they would tell me to kick rocks.

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for that link. Have you (or anyone here) had any dealings with them? I will send them an email.

I thought about asking if there were any ARF members here that could help. I figured
after the second message “Hey bud, I’m coming through Yuma sometime between noon and 4. Could you be home around that time so I can pick up my guns”, they would tell me to kick rocks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spragues, maybe?

It's been a long while since I was in that city. But last I knew, that shop was the only brick & mortar shop in town. And both they and the Californians looking for stuff know it. So the prices were sometimes but the reloading supplies pre derp was surprisingly lower priced.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Spragues, maybe?

View Quote

I'd try Yuma Coin and Gun before I tried there,  yes the place is a mess but I really like Mike and he might be more understanding of your requirement for frequent gunsmith wipedown services on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'd try Yuma Coin and Gun before I tried there,  yes the place is a mess but I really like Mike and he might be more understanding of your requirement for frequent gunsmith wipedown services on a regular basis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spragues, maybe?

Thanks for that info. Do you happen to have any contact info for Mike? I can look it up if not.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for that info. Do you happen to have any contact info for Mike? I can look it up if not.
View Quote

Mike is good people, definitely look beyond what you see in the store.  

https://m.facebook.com/Yuma-Coin-Gun-214574161926428/

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Looks like I'm going to have to check them out the next time I visit Yuma.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks like I'm going to have to check them out the next time I visit Yuma.
View Quote

As stated above, the store is a total mess since they pulled the family pawn business in, and also started selling surplus.  It was a smaller mess before.

Mike's a good ol' boy and a story teller, with decades of knowledge and experience.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As stated above, the store is a total mess since they pulled the family pawn business in, and also started selling surplus.  It was a smaller mess before.

Mike's a good ol' boy and a story teller, with decades of knowledge and experience.
View Quote

yep,  when I'm intown I'll hang out and BS for hours.  He's a good man.

It's even more fun if you like dogs  

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's even more fun if you like dogs  

View Quote

Yup, Mike and Vick have been breeding those labs since the early 90's IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Hah! I thi9nk that I may have been there before. Place was a bit of a pigsty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top