Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2019 9:08:21 PM EDT
Are firearm permits in Italy available only to Italian citizens? I am looking for a 2nd home (or perhaps retirement) in a European nation. And, being an American, I need to have access to guns (I have an inferiority complex). Italy is an awesome country. But is there any way for an expat resident to obtain a firearm permit?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
And the Gun must be locked up 24/7. Maybe the Ammo must be separated storage.
That I know the Knife Law is very restrictive.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:05:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#3]
Italian and maybe EU citizen that live here can get a gun license.

Btw gun must not be locked 24/7..the law only says the owner must be sure unauthorized people can’t reach them.. if I live alone and there’re no kids around I could leave my Glock lock and loaded in my bed under the pillow.
Now only a dumb would not keep the locked 24/7.

Most knives and all bayos  are threaded as firearms. No way to CC them even a Swiss pocked knife.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Is there a good place where I can find a summary of italian gun laws?

More and more I'm looking to retire out of the US. My father's whole side of the family came over from Sicily in the early 1900's. Maybe I'll be the first to go back.

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I was in Italy July /August 2019.  I would live there. I have family in Calabria.

Sicily is beautiful.  Went to Catania .
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Beside of the People who come over by Boat.
Thanks US Administration...
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bullyforyou:

Is there a good place where I can find a summary of italian gun laws?

More and more I'm looking to retire out of the US. My father's whole side of the family came over from Sicily in the early 1900's. Maybe I'll be the first to go back.

View Quote

My brother is in Sicily full time, about to become a citizen. He owns a home in Castellammare del Golfo over looking the med and he is about to be done building a beautiful villa over the looking the med and the mountains about 20 min to the west of Castellammare. He bought a big chunk of land with an orchard, olive trees, groves, etc...My grandfather is from there, my great Grandfather is from Corleone, his wife (my great grandmother) is from Terrasini.

We need to keep Sicily a secret and how affordable it is to retire there. Not to mention how nice it is.

6-7 more years and we are going, too. The tax benefits and the cost of living, the weather, scenery, having family there already set up and knows what is going on..Can't wait.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife is from south Italy and I am doing similar research.  We were just there visiting family and I spoke to a guy at a gun shop who is doing similar research for me.  I'll post what I find out if I hear anything back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top